We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Boo scores again

     As you by now know, Boo loves to play. Play as in the interactive type. The interactive type as he desires more than just a little bit of your attention a-n-d he wants to (ab)use a whole lot of your energy. And he is VERY persistent in pursuing play time when he wants it!!! Oh yeah!!
     Last evening he wanted to play. And he had come to me in pursuit of play time. Often he comes to me knowing I cave into him easier than others do. And currently he has also been coming with questioning sad eyes, 'why won't you really play with me anymore'? Hard to explain Vertigo to a dog, and how tug of war with him makes me all kinds of dizzy and spinning and while I really do enjoy playing with him, right now I just can't handle doing so. Yeah, hard to explain to a dog.
     So after quite a few of his repeated attempts to get me to play last evening, I said, "Brent's here, go get him." He did turn his head and glance Brent's direction, but then just looked back at me. Bother. This happens a LOT! And very often ends up going no where. But I tried again anyways. "Brent's home tonight, make him play with you Boo!!". Benson was also encouraging Boo likewise.
     Boo then glanced Benson's direction, then back at me, and then with a couple of big lopes, rounded the end table trunk and sprung onto the couch beside Brent, putting his face right into Brent's. :-p The rest of us started laughing!! Brent said, "What do you want, huh?!" and sort of pushed Boo away. The thing is, that is often Brent's opening line to wrestling with Boo.
     But instead of backing off and growling at Brent as he usually does, with a big leap Boo lounged forward, landing with his feet firmly planted in Brent's lap, his face facing me, and his tail whacking Brent in the head ;-b. Our laughter definitely increased in volume!!!
     Boo won! Brent could not still watch the show with Boo attacking him such ;-p He's such a smart dog :-D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 comments:

  1. Aren't dogs fun? We have two dogs, a beagle and a toy poodle. The beagle seems huge compared to the toy, and one of these days that tail of his is going to knock something over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I said something like "Submission is ducking so that God can hit your husband!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - too funny! I always LOVE to hear from you dear Cheryl. Your comments lift my spirit and remind me of the foundation from which my life is built. THANK YOU for that... when I say things have been rough - I mean rough. Grocery buying has been a tearful event - glad that we have enough garden stuff to suplament with or we may be HUNGRY!! LOL Good luck to your sons with the job hunt. It can be a daunting thing to say the least.
    Much love to you!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]