We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Princess Diana

    I was a big fan of Princess Diana. From my perspective, we had several things in common. She was a school teacher, I had started towards getting my teaching certificate (remember, instead I got my Mrs. and Mom degrees ;-p).  Most often, she wore more casual style (aka: comfortable type) clothing, definitely the type I prefer!  We got married around the same time, although her's did receive a bit more attention than mine did ;-p. And we had sons around the same time period.
    That latter similarity provided me a great deal of chuckle, at the medias expense. Oh my goodness did it. At the time, the media made HUGE deals out of the fact that Lady Diana was headed home from the hospital, only so many hours after having delivered Prince William. They presented it as though it really was some feat she was accomplishing. What they failed to consider in, was the fact that at home, she had a private nurse, and a nanny, and a cook, and a house keeper, and a chauffeur, and gardeners, and a secretary, and a laundress, and all kinds of other helpers. But typical media, they were all about the hype. They haven't changed much have they? ;-p
     I will admit that I cried when the news came out that she had died. I cried, a lot!!! While I never have been to keen on her husband, I was a big fan of Princess Diana!!!
     So I smiled broadly when I got up the other morning and found a small flier taped to the microwave. (inserted tip here - the door of the microwave is a great place to tape notes for the family!! For some reason, they always get noticed when hanging in that location ;-p ).
      Benson and a friend had taken advantage of the one dollar admission fee to the art museum the day before, and he knew that an upcoming exhibit would be of interest to me. Thanks for the flyer Benson!!!
     I, in turn, knew I should spread the news to all of you.  Oh, your welcome o;-b.

    "DIANA  a celebration."  "Novemeber 9, 2010 - February 16, 2011"
"This award-winning exhibition showcases the life and humanitarian work of the 20th century's most remarkable women, Diana, Princess of Wales. The exhibition's nine galleries feature more than 150 personal objects including her royal wedding gown, 28 designer dresses, family heirlooms, personal mementos and rare movies."
                  GRAM
                  Grand Rapids
                  Art Museum

                  Presented by:
                  Daniel and Pamella DeVos Foundation

    From the back of the flier :
Ticket Prices (includes admission fee):
Adult: $20,  Senior (62+): $18,  Student (with ID): $18, Youth (6 - 17): $15, Children 5 and under: free, Tour groups: $15 (10 or more),  GRAM members: $5, Audio tours: $5
   Tickets can be purchases for a specific date and time, but walk-ins are welcome.

Tickets are available online at www.startickets.com,  at GRAM, all Star Tickets locations in Michigan Meijer stores, or by calling 800 - 585 - 3737

Special group packages:  Available for groups of 10 or more, contact grouptours@srtmuseum.org or 616 - 831 - 2931

GRAM hours:
Tuesday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 5 p.m.
Closed Mon.
visit artmuseum.org for special extended exhibition hours.


   PLEASE let me know if you go, as well as if you enjoy the exhibit or not!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]