We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wonderful 'Pick It Here' directory!

   During the course of my continued blog 'theme day's' detective work, I came across something which I immediately knew I would be sharing with all of you. See, sometimes I stumble upon something that I share with this or that person, or this group of friends, for particular reasons. But this find was the type that could benefit lots of people. In-fact, it was something that I had often wished (in years past) I had access to. I knew there had to be this type of a thing!

    What am I talking about you ask?  (As though the title I put on this posting didn't give you a clue o;-p)
    When I stopped by Michelle, from 'Heartfelt Balance, Homemade Life' (http://heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com/) blog, I found a posting she had done about this web link, which contains all types of information about fresh produce.
    Things such as:
        - where what is ready for you to go pick in your area*
              (you can click HERE to go directly to that page)
        - picking tips
        - canning, freezing and making jam tips
        - finding canning equipment and supplies
        - to pumpkin patches, corn mazes and Christmas tree farms and lots. 

     The name of the site is 'Pick Your Own  . org' (http://www.pickyourown.org/).
  
      About the "*" by "area" - It lists local farms for the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany, South Africa, Japan, Ireland, The Netherlands, The United Kingdom, Switzerland and Italy.
                            (I found this picture on line HERE)

     Ya know, one of these days I'm going to abandon my 'Ms. Vertigo' title and take full advantage of this site. Strawberries - to freeze and to make into jam. Blackberries - although the best ones really do grow wild in the woods and are always ripe around here around the 4th of July. Blueberries - freeze for adding to pancakes, and muffins, and pies. A-n-d .... Yumminess! (no, I don't care that spell check doesn't think that's really a word! crosses arms, making it challenging to type ... o;-p)

     Another ya know - this lead is right up there with the one about the mission type stores directory... that one was so good, we ended up adding a link to it, in a box down our side bar. I think I might just do the same with this one! ;->

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! You rock! The Pick-your-own site is a great site! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]