We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Still wondering ... ;-p

     I finally remembered to take my watch with me, when we were headed some place that I knew could put a new battery in it. I wanted to be able to wear a watch again, for numerous different reasons. They put it in and I have been wearing it and been glad I got it fixed.
    But then the other day, every time I looked down at it, I could not figure out why I couldn't make out what time it was. 'Are my eyes worse than I think they are?'  'Is my recently increased vertigo symptoms (activities? The weather? The throb in my neck? Who knows...) affecting my eyes t-h-a-t much?!?' 'What the heck?!' .
    Then later, when I had my glasses on and was in the process of removing the watch to take a shower, I realized that I had put it on upside down. 8-/
    No wonder no matter how hard I squinted, I couldn't read those numbers, nor figure out why the hands were the way they were. (insert head shaking and eye roll here).
    Yup, I was still wondering about myself.

    And then yesterday morning, as I was just starting to wake up, my feet felt weird. The more awake I became, the weirder they felt. Then finally I was awake enough to figure it out. One foot had a sock on it, the other did not. 'What?!?'
     Yes, in the winter I go to bed with socks on. Always have. It's just been the last couple of years, that due to these oh so warming menopausal symptoms, I often remove them part way through the night. Both of them. I just fold in half, reach down and take them off and always place them in the exact same spot on my night stand.
    But there I lay, with one sock on, and one off. The off one was laying in the designated spot. Crazy.
    The only possibly acceptable explanation I could come up with, was I must have been very close to falling all of the way to sleep, when I got a bit to warm, so started to take my socks off. Doing just that much, must have dropped my body temp just enough, to allow me to drop off into a deep sleep. And I must have dropped really fast. Because normally, I can NOT stand having only one on.
     Crazy! So yes, in case you were wondering, I'm still wondering about myself. o;-p

    And for those of you whom I know asked the questions - No, my name is not John. And no, I am not a son.  o;-p
    [the old Nursery Rhyme - "Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John,  Went to bed with his trousers on.  One sock off, and one sock on, Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John.]

   So-o-o, what have you done recently that leaves you wondering about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]