We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Monday, May 17, 2010

~ our anniversary ~


          [picture taken by 'Bill plus Jean Photography']
                   (I designed our wedding cake)

    Thirty years ago today, we became Mr. & Mrs. Brian B. :-) Thirty (30) years ago!!! WOW!!! And yes, like our profile states, we do still both like and love each other! Somebody recently asked me what our "secret" is. Basically, that love is a decision! I posted about that back on Feb. 11th, 2006.
    Another v-e-r-y important "secret" has to do with how you treat one another. I did a post about that back on September 6th, 2007.
    Stick together through 'thick and thin'. I posted about this on April 9th, 2008.

    Most of you know how much the two of us and humor go hand and hand. On our 29th anniversary, I shared a funny incident from our honeymoon ;-p May 17th, 2009 .

    The posting on May 17th, 2006 started with, " "Dad" (Brian) tells people we've now been married for 26 years - 15 of them were good ones .... "  Kenny Rogers had a song titled "Through The Years". In it, it says, "through the years, can't think of anything we've missed ....". Now true there are many things I can think of that we have experienced second hand (via friends) rather than first hand; but there sure have been a LOT of first hand things ...." and then there was a list, followed by, "And yes, that's a l-o-n-g posting. But a LOT has happened in 26 years! "
To see the list, go to: May 17th, 2006

     Back on September 10th, 2005, I had done a posting about "remembering". In it I was 'Remembering' events from our life.

    During our marriage, in amongst all of the "stuff" that has happened, we have also been blessed by NUMEROUS 'miracles'.  We're fully aware that according to the way some people perceive 'miracles', these do not qualify as such. To us however, they are miracles / acts of God. Plain and simple. And we thank him for them!!!
    Here then is a list and links to the 'miracles' we have posted about in the past. (To clarify - no, these are not the dates of when the events happened. Rather, all of the stories come from over the years in our married life. The dates are just when I posted the stories.)

 - June 26th, 2006 - Accident while Brandon was driving
 - August 11th, 2006 - the part of the posting about Brandon - he had fallen seventeen feet off of scaffolding, on to the bed of a pick up truck. Click here to see a picture of him shortly after he arrived home from the E.R..
 - Feb. 13th, 2007 - God miraculously provided our NEED for food
 - Feb. 16th, 2007 - protection from the drive by shooting
 - Feb. 19th, 2007 - He protected me from an attacker in our house!
 - Feb. 22nd, 2007 - He provided a car
 - Feb. 25th, 2007 - it easily could have been a house fire
 - March 2nd, 2007 - protection from trapped hissing raccoons
 - March 8th, 2007 - two boys almost drowned, while sleeping on the top bunk!
 - April 5th, 2007 - God has miraculously provided our NEED of housing
 - March 24th, 2008 - Brent was hit by a car

    Yes, I realize that this posting is full of a whole lot of 'link ups', and that most of you won't link to even one of them. That's okay. The looking them all up brought many smiles to my face, and many songs of praise to my heart. We have been so-o blessed!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ "Making Your Home Sing Monday('s)", are hosted by Nan, at 'Mom's the Word (I love to hear)' (http://momstheword--livingforhim.blogspot.com/).

~ "Homemaker Mondays ... Yours, Mine & Ours", are hosted by Jen, at '11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven' (http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/).

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that you mentioned that these weren't the original dates of when these things happened. Because otherwise, it looks like 2007 was a verrrrrry bad year for you!

    Your poor hubby's face was so bruised and swollen, I'm glad that he is o.k!

    I can't imagine watching your child get hit by a car, and the creepy neighbor gave me the creeps.

    God is just so gracious in his provision. When I was five I was almost kidnapped by a "very bad man," (my words when I was little, lol!) but a lady saved me.

    She managed to get me away from him and the police actually got there and caught the guy before he got away, thanks to her determination to protect me.

    Anyway, thank you for linking up today and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations on 30 wonderful, eventful years. :) My husband and I are coming up on 9 years, so you guys are doing great! A good friend of mine, who has been married for 25 years says that her husband has gotten only better with the years, like a fine wine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well congratulations!! How blessed you are! I am at 21 years and I agree - love is a decision! But dang am I glad I make it daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. came via email _
    "Happy Anniversary
    Hope you two have a GREAT day!

    Love you both, Dad & Joan"

    ReplyDelete
  5. had come via email - "Happy Anniversary Cheryl and Brian! Mark and I have been married 28 years. We were celebrating when we saw you at Logans! Have a great week.......Jill Roed."

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]