We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The evidence was there...

   I just laid, resting on my bed for a bit after I awoke this morning. I was just so-o-o comfortable! All of me (except the dancing going on near the top of the inside of my head) was relaxed, and rested, and comfortable, why rush into getting up?  As I lay there, I was looking out the window and thanking God for the wonderful cool breezes he was caressing me with.
    The breezes had been moving tree branches some, but not a whole lot. Then suddenly a big branch of the neighbors 'bushy' pine tree (I have no idea what the actual name of that type of pine tree is. I just know two things about them - 1) the pine needles grow hanging down from the branches, making them look all bushy like. And 2) I don't like that type.) took a BIG dip down. At first I thought, "Ought - oh, here it comes again". (We've had some really strong winds connected with storms around here lately!) But then I realized that none of the other branches on that tree, or even on other trees, were doing the same thing. Curious.
     A minute later a branch of a neighboring pine tree also took a big dip down, but then began to spring up and down for a bit. "Awww... the squirrels are playing again". I kept watching. Very shortly thereafter, the telephone line started doing a rhymatic type of bouncing, I smiled, expecting to see the squirrels in chase any moment.
     I never did see the squirrels. They must have headed the other direction when they got on the phone line, instead of heading my direction. But all of the evidence that they had been present was there.
     It struck me how like God that scene had just been. While I couldn't see Him, I had known it was Him caressing me with the cool gentle breezes. And while I still can't see Him, I know it is Him that is building both my physical strength as well as my emotional assurance, to get up from here and go tackle frosting that wedding cake I baked the layers for yesterday.
     Thank-you Lord - - the 'evidence' IS in the proof.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I 'plan' on linking this particular posting up to:
~ "Not "Baaad" Sundays", are hosted by Danni and Derek (aka: "Sexy Nerd"), at 'Lamb Around' (http://lambaround.blogspot.com/).
~ "Soli Deo Gloria" (Latin = "For the Glory of God Alone"), is hosted by Jen, at 'Finding Heaven One Step At A Time' (http://findingheaventoday.blogspot.com/).
  ~ "Making Your Home Sing Monday('s)", are hosted by Nan, at 'Mom's the Word (I love to hear)'
   ~ "walk with Him Wednesdays", are hosted by Ann, at 'A Holy Experience' (http://www.aholyexperience.com/).
~  "Coffee Talk Friday('s)", hosted by Vic, at 'For The Love Of Blogs' (http://forblogs.blogspot.com).
  ~ "Inspiration Friday('s)", are hosted by Vanessa and Heather, 'At The Picket Fence' (http://www.atthepicketfence.com/).

4 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for adding my linky parties to your blog...my turquoise party is called Turquoise Lovin' and all it requires is people to link up a project or a post that has turquoise in it!! Hope you have a lovely day!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I am praying for you and hoping you are feeling better and able to find some time to relax!

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that "the evidence is in the proof." Enjoyed visiting here to today from Ann's. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just such a blessing. What beauty God laid out for you and what hope and refreshment you have given us.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]