We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Different times spent with friends -

      The other day I shared with you about the WONDERFUL time Brian and I spent with our friends John and Julie. :-)  Today's posting is about some times I've had recently with other friends. :-]

      A couple of weeks ago Joanna T. came and visited with me for a bit. It was definitely a l-o-n-g overdue 'time together'!!  I got to hear about the McDonald's she is working in now. About some of her co-workers. About her position as a trainer. Her thoughts and feelings about again trying her hearts desire of working in Day Care, or some such. About the cousin she is a house mate to. About the dog Joanna had adopted (her mom had at first accompanied Joanna here so I could meet said dog :->). About... all kinds of things!!! :-D  We talked, we laughed, we made and ate Tuna Fish sandwiches ...nice!!!
      I ended up excusing myself to go lay down for awhile. The vertigo was winning over my desire to ignore it. Drats!  I ended up falling sound asleep and sleeping for several hours. Joanna knew beforehand that that was a possibility. She had stayed and visited with Benson for quite awhile and wasn't upset with me in the least for any of it. :-)
     It was so good to re-connect with her!!!  Joanna, please make time with me a regular habit!! o;-p

     My friend "Maggie" came by. Her house had sold, and she has to be totally out of it by this coming weekend. She is pursuing her dream of moving up north to the cabin, on the acreage in the woods. While it does currently have electricity, it does not yet have running water, or indoor plumbing. The inside of the cabin is also quite small - total, about the size of my living and dining rooms put together. I wish her well in her pursuit!  She will be coming back to town occasionally to see some of her grandchildren. Hopefully she will also have time to spend with me!  I can leave messages for her on her cell phone - every couple of days she will head a mile down the road to where she does get reception. Sounds extremely rustic for living in America in the year 2010, doesn't it? ;-p

     I attended a bridal shower last Saturday afternoon. The bride to be was Reva, and it was being hosted by her best friend / my niece, Breanna. It was good to see both of them again!  I have been so thrilled to see Reva blossom as a direct result of Michael's acceptance and love! Thank-you Lord!!!  Looking forward to attending the wedding in about three weeks now ... don't worry Reva, it'll go off just fine!  Or... we'll just pretend it does!!!!!!!!!

    Yesterday "my" Kate took me out and treated me to lunch at Russ's, before I treated her to dessert at Dairy Queen. Aren't we wonderful to each other? o;-p We think so!!!! We talked about my medial situation - after all,  she is in the process of applying to medical schools in hopes of becoming a doctor!  Turned out that the 'Jr. Doctor' I saw at the neurologist office, was the same one she had seen and loved when being treated for her back. :-)!  She told me that her boyfriends sister had just had a son. They already have two year old twin daughters. We caught each other up on this, and that, and that other stuff, and ... . Aww the bliss of friendship with a kindred spirit!!

     Lord, Thank-you ever so much for choosing to bless me with such wonderful friends!!!!!!!

     To the above mentioned friends - when can we get together again? ;-)

     To my friends whom aren't mentioned above - interested in getting together? I am!

2 comments:

  1. These is really one of the great information which you can share with us. Some times it will be happen in vertigo. There is one of the process that can e applying the in medical schools that can be hopes to become a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I sure tell you that when you are with your friend then must you forgot all the sorrows and unhappiness. I enjoy each and every moment with my friend. Sometimes friends play important role for full fill the dream of friend.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]