We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

we ate at a new place ...

   (For those of you whom are reading this and live out of state, I do apologize. All I can say is that I had to share the information with those whom might be able to dine here. It would be a shame for this place to go under due to lack of exposure!)

    After leaving the neurologist office last week, we went over to GR Optical. We had recently gotten new glasses for Brian from there and were hoping to get them adjusted even more.
    As we left there, Brian asked what I wanted to eat. When he asks me that, he's actually asking a multilayer question. First layer being, am I hungry? Second layer is, do I have a hanker-in for anything in particular? Third layer has to do with the fact that I oversee the bills and checkbook and thus know if we need to only stick to choosing from a couple of very low cost places. And the fourth layer has to do with my medical situation at the time. He is asking what type of place I think I can handle at that point in time with my vertigo, as well as asking what condition my stoanmach /bowels are in and what type of food I think they might find acceptable today. A seemingly innocent question, yet contains so much concern for me. Nice!
    I suggested that we, "just head towards home down the Beltline. There are so many resteraunts now along this stretch, let's see what catches our fancy."
    We ended up spotting and consequently trying a brand new one. It's only been open since late July. Along the Beltline, it's on the other side of the street from Meijer's, next to AppleBee's. It's in the building that O'Charlies use to be in.
     The name of it? 'Twisted Rooster'. Yes, you read that right. Quite a name, huh? ;-p We just had to see. We could always walk back out. 'Twisted Rooster' - "Simply Impeccable Food and Drinks".
    The 'Twisted' part? They add their own twist to somewhat normal menu selections.
     Brian ordered their Mac + Cheese. It came as a large bowl full! They used spirl noodles and a hard white cheese, then added chuncks of chicken, peas, tomato chuncks, and bits of aspergas. A very pretty appetizing bowl full!  And it was really good! We both thought so!
     I ordered a pulled pork BBQ sandwich. I had read that it came with crunchy cole slaw, cheese and french fries. I re-read it several times (my brain was quite foggy after concentrating so hard at the Dr.'s office) and figured that it must mean the french fries had cheese on them. Fine, I like them that way. I was wrong. The LARGE sized bun came with a thick layer of the BBQ pulled pork on it, then a layer of melted cheddar cheese, topped with the crunchy cole slaw. (Putting the cole slaw on the BBQ is common in some areas). It was so-o-o good! Kind of messy, but GOOD! And the french fries were too.(Yes, I shared my meal too;-p)
      The total for our bill, including my coke and Brian's ice tea, came to $23.00.  Not bad for two good sized meals!!!
     We definelty plan on going back there! There were several other dishes on their menu that we want to try for ourselves. And at those totals - well, it might actually happen :-)

     Let us know if you go there, and what you think of it.

2 comments:

  1. came via email from Jill Rod.-
    "Oh Cheryl! I'm glad you shared that with us! That sounds like a place that we might like to try! After we do, I will definitely let you know!

    Jill"

    ReplyDelete
  2. came from Kate via email -
    "So glad you tried this place - Steve liked the food at O'Charlies, so we were sad when it closed and weren't sure how we felt about trying a place called Twisted Rooster. :) Thanks for the heads up!"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]