We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

from Brian, for my B-day :-)

     I was sitting on the kitchen counter when Brian handed me my birthday card. Us and Boo were the only ones around.
     It is an American Greetings card. In the bar across the top it reads, "THE  7 MENOPAUSAL  DWARFS"  Below that are seven dwarf looking women arranged in three rows. Under each one it a title caption. "Itchy" is scratching herself something fierce. "Bitchy" has a totally irritated look on her face and is wagging her finger. "Sweaty" is perspiring from every pour on her body. "Bloaty" is so puffed up that her arms are sticking straight out the sides of her body and you can't see her neck or mouth. "Sleepy" is sitting down, head nodded, and there are a couple of  "Z" 's in the air by her head.  "Forgetful" is standing there looking lost, scratching her head, with a couple of big "?" 's in the air by her. "Phycho" is dressed like a cave women, carrying a hatchet, she is not wearing a cap like all of the others were, but rather her hair is sticking straight out in every direction, she is wild eyed / bugged eye and her teeth are tightly clinched.
      On the inside, the card reads, "Another Birthday?  (next line) Don't Worry. Empty space underneath it, and then "It'll Be Over In A Flash."
      Under that, Brian had written, "I Loved You Then, (next line) I Love You Now, (next line) I'll Love You Tomarrow." Then signed it.
       I looked the front of the card over again and all teary eyed stated, "I'm sorry!"  With tears in his own eyes and a questioning look, he asked, "for what?"  "For at times being all of those things I was never going to be". "I LOVE you, and together we'll get through it just like we have everything else in life." 
      The tears started down my cheeks.
      His hug and kisses were wondrous!

     He took me out for dinner (on a date! ;-} ). At the restaurant he told me what my gift is going to be.
     My sister had recently approached him after they had attended a 'Picnic Pops' concert of our cities Symphony. At the concert, they had announced some upcoming events, one of which is a concert by the Von Trapp Family Singers - aka: the grandchildren of the VonTrapp Family - aka: the family in the movie 'The Sound Of Music'.  :-D .. :->.. :-)
     Brian will be buying the ticket for me to attend the concert with my sister in Nov. (I looked the details for it up on line ;-p). And Brent's gift to me, is that he will pay for my dinner to go out before or after the concert.  :-)

     Sing it with me -  o/~ "The hills are a-live, with the sound of mu-sic, ..... my heart wants to sing, every word!"  o/~

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]