We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, September 17, 2010

my FRIEND Reva is getting married tonight. :-D

      While Reva does often refer to me as "Mom B.", she is one of the ones whom have crossed over from being one of the "part-time" kids, to being my FRIEND.
      Actually, Reva never was one of the 'group' of the 'part-time' kids whom were around here frequently. She was one of the 'their own little identities' situations.
     We met Reva through the resident camp. And then she started dating our eldest son, Byron. At first it was okay. But then from our perspective, it seemed like all she was doing, was being a huge negative aspect in Byron's life. His battles with depression were intensified. His anger and frustration levels were even higher. The more he was around Reva, the harder he was to live and deal with, so we tried to make it harder for him to see her. That made him ever so much worse, so we gave in. But as parents, we had reached the assumption that Reva was the root of the trouble.
       Ya ever hear the old line, "You know what assuming makes? An ass out of you and me." The line was proven true yet again, in this whole Byron and Reva scenario.
        I had figured that if I couldn't convince Byron to let her go, then I might as well accept her and try my best to like her. Reva made that task a privilege!
      During that process, I learned how a whole lot of things in Reva's life were falling apart, royally. Things which Reva had absolutely no control over. Nor influence in. Things which totally rock the stability of a young teens life and therefore emotional balance. Those were the things we were seeing reflected in our son. He is a "fixer". He wants to help and 'fix' people's problems / life's. Pretty much every-bodies. But it is totally maxed out so, once he has gotten to both know and deeply care about you. To the point that he still wants to be great friends with somebody, even years after they have broken up, but yet feels awkward about all of it, so he does not always handle situations right. (As if any of us always do 8-/).
      Any-ways, like I said, Reva made the getting to know her a privilege! She has a wonderful, witty, yet sarcastic, sense of humor!! Totally delightful!!
      While I still thourally do not 'get' her not being a big fan of chocolate, she does say that I have influenced her greatly in slowly learning to enjoy it more, especially when baked in certain combinations. o:-D Glad I could help. ;-p
      She too is addicted to mission type stores, is all about great bargains, and loves old farm house style houses. We have a shopping outing scheduled for October that I am so-o-o looking forward to!!
      Reva and our son's dating relationship ended so many years ago now. But Reva and I chose not to let our relationship do the same. I am ever so thankful she chose to keep me as her FRIEND!! She is on my list of 'Blessings'!
     Over the years since dating our son, she dated a couple of guys whom weren't good for her. Period. But then she met Michael. Or as Michael puts it, he met Reva. While I've only had a few opportunities to interact with Michael, and thus don't really feel like I 'know' him, I am never the less thrilled that Reva is becoming his wife today!
      Why? Because of the results of his love and total acceptance of Reva as a person, that I have seen evidenced in her life. She has blossomed. She radiates love and charm. Her Lord is again important both in her life, and in how she lives her life. And she is even freer with her whit.
      Thank-you Lord for leading the two of them together! Thank-you Michael for being a man of honor, as well as for loving Reva to the extent you do! Thank-you Lord for allowing me the privilege to witness it!!
      And this evening Brian and I have been asked to be in attendance for their joining their lives in Holy Matrimony. :-D !!!
      Yup, that sums it up. :-D !!!

3 comments:

  1. These all information which you can share over here is really very great. That made him ever so much worse, so we gave in. But as parents, we had reached the assumption that Reva was the root of the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reva had posted on Face-book - ""I read your posting, Cheryl - thank you, it was very sweet!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before completing a grant fennell first appropriate to Lord for leading the two of them together.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]