We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

a magazine ... :-)

    While Brian was waiting in line to check out of the store yesterday, a cover of a magazine captured his attention. He thought 'what the heck' and started browsing through it. What he came across so-o tempted his taste buds, that he bought the magazine and brought it home.
     He handed it to me to browse through, while he was putting away his purchases and starting dinner. He was also attempting to "splain' " his giving in and purchasing it. His "splainin' '" wasn't necessary - I so-o would have purchased it too. ;-p
     As I was slowly turning pages, looking at the various features, I too couldn't wait to try a couple of the recipes! And I was really enjoying all of the fall decorations. All in all, a good browse n' see!
    And then as I turned a page, I stated, "Hey, that's 'Pioneer Woman' !" 
    With a totally bewildered look on his face, Brian leaned forward to peer over the top of the magazine. His expression changed to a totally lost look as he asked "W-h-o?!?!!" 
    "Pioneer Woman!!"
    "And she is...?"
    "She has a blog! :-D"
    Now wearing a 'how did this happen to me expression', Brian turns to Benson and says, "I can't win".
     Couldn't help it, I laughed. A lot.... o;-)

     The magazine?  'Southern Living - Easy Entertaining' (Special Edition 2010) "Ideas for hosting your best party ever!"    In a circle on the cover it states, "110 of our Best Fall Recipes".
      Such as:
      page 13 - 'Rosemary-Garlic Pork with Roasted Vegetables and Caramelized Apples'. The picture sets your mouth to watering. Reading through the recipe makes you start next weeks grocery list. (o:->)
       page 15. I just stood there silently staring at it. Brian had leaned forward with a questioning cocked eyebrow. I glanced up long enough to state, I'm doing a mental taste test. Pictured? 'Rich Chocolate Tart'.  I knew you'd understand.  ;-)
        page 17 - 'Bacon-Onion Dip', pictured with fresh veggies.
        And then there are pages 18 and 19. 'Make-Ahead Muffuletta Party Sandwich'.  We would tweak the filling to our own preferences, but it too made the grocery list.
        The 'Tomato-and-Herb Fondue' on page 37 is very tempting.
     And so it continued ...
     "Pioneer Women" is pictured on page 53. (She has a recently published cookbook out that I'd sure like to see! Yes, this IS a hint!!!)
      The recipes didn't stop after the feature on her. ...
          page 74 has these 'Carmel-Pecan-Pumpkin Bread Puddings'.... my mouth wants to try a sample so I can better decide about them.
          And then there's the 'Croissant French Toast with Pecans' on page 84.
       Oh my, my. Let the feasting begin!

      Brent and Kayla came in before I had gotten all of the way through the magazine the first time, so I of course had to be kind and show some of the features to Kayla. o;-) 
      As we were doing so, a post card sized paper fell out of the magazine and hit the floor. I asked Brent to pick it up for me. He did, and started to place it in the trash. I put a quick halt on that!!! I could see the special offer subscription rate being offered and Brian agreed that we should give in to that temptation as well. ;-p
      By the time we got done, my eyes were spinning as bad as my mouth was watering. Good thing Brian produced such tasteful, tender, pork steaks with noodles and fresh salad for dinner. ;-) It helped the mouth watering part.

      Go ahead, close down your computer and go get your own copy now. Glad I could be of assistance.  o;-p

3 comments:

  1. The recipes do not stop after the function of it.Page 74 of the Pudding "Caramel Pecan-Pumpkin Bread
    seo packages

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blog contain so many information which is really very great. A cover of a magazine captured his attention. He thought 'what the heck' and started browsing through it. What he came across so-o tempted his taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is my hobby but I really like your blog and likes to read so many good things about this subject. I like to appropriate for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]