We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, October 1, 2010

September ....

    Today is October 1st. That means that September is now officially over. What a busy month it was. I know that you readers sure couldn't tell that due to my exceptionally low number of postings. I AM sorry! I recently read 'The Pioneer Woman's' tips about doing postings, and got re-inspired to be more faithful. I also re-evaluated my computer time, and decided that I need to do my postings BEFORE I let myself to go to Facebook and start exploring every bodies updates. That can be a very expansive/addictive habit if you let it be. Goodness.
    Like I said, September was a VERY busy month. For now, I shall just give you an over view of it - not go into detailed depth about it. Hey, who made that relieved sigh sound? :-p For your information, my plan is to take each of these individual over view segments and do a full posting about them soon. Ha! (o;-p)
     The first weekend in September was Labor Day, and again this year we did the food for our church's 'family retreat'. Therefore, the week before involved baking up the desserts, and shopping - lots of shopping! And the week after involved lots of cleaning up, and hauling home, and submitting bills, and writing down what we had done/used up/etc. for reference next year.
     The following weekend included Jeannie and Joel's wedding. And the out of town kids coming to town for it. Then Brian and I taking them back home due to their car situation. Spending a romantic night in a hotel. (I won't be expounding any further on that o;-). )  Picking up our adorable impy grand daughter and taking her out for breakfast the next morning, due to her daddy needing to sleep after working all night, and her mommy being at work. Aw-w, the sacrifices of grand-parenthood ;-p.
    The following weekend was Reva and Michael's wedding. And a dinner date.
    The month also included numerous Dr. appointments and a colonoscopy. I'll only be posting a little bit about all of those on here. I'll save the more detailed report for those whom I send it to via email. If your not on that there list and would like to be, just let me know. Like-wise, if you are on that list and for what ever reason would prefer not to be, just let me know, and I shall remove you.
    Through out Sept,. varying levels of the vertigo did continue, as well as migraines once again making their yearly fall intrusion into my life. I have been told the two are totally interconnected. There shall be more on that in the email report as well.
     I have also been working on a posting, which includes links to all of the previous postings I have ever done that had anything to do with weddings. I hope it will be a helpful resource for many of you. But doing so has been a l-o-n-g process. For one thing, my computer is old, at least in terms of technological advancements it is. Therefore, continually downloading new pages, tax's it's memory after a bit and slows it down something fierce. And then there is the way that my vertigo and scanning through postings stress one another. But the process has been a physical therapy of sorts, a-n-d I am accomplishing something I set out to do! :-)

      So, September is now past, and Oct. is beginning. Looking at my calender to see what all that entails so far -
     A bridal shower for Jordan. Jordan and I are ourselves friends. And Jordan is the daughter of my dear friend Jewels. The wedding is in December.
     October includes a couple of more doctor appointments.
     And (ever so) hopefully, an extended visit at my out of town kids home. :-)!

     For now, I must end this and get on with today. Today entails fighting the lingering effects of yesterdays humdinger of a migraine. And doing the checkbook. And bills. And a grocery list. And... life. We all deal with it, don't we?  I think I shall go bring the flowers my husband brought me the other day into here, so they can help me smile while I do my 'details' work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]