We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I LIKE the contents of the package !!!

 The Package arrived today and I have already started using it!!! :-)

..

...

....

     See?!?!!!  I knew I was not the only one whom likes 'details'!!!!  o;-p !!! chuckle, chuckle ...

     Back on Oct. 8th, I had received an email from Alicia Rockmore questioning if I would be interested in doing a product review for Smead (TM). They wanted me to put to use and then do a product review on some of Smead's (TM) new file folders. Yup, right up my alley!!! I asked Brian about it and he said to go for it, as long as we weren't out any money. "What's there to lose?"  So I told Alicia yes and sent her our mailing info..
     For those of you whom aren't remembering whom Alicia is, She is the founder of 'Get Buttoned Up'. I had posted one of her ideas that I had stumbled upon in an old magazine, in this posting. Alicia's 'right hand gal' is Anne Marie. I have had email correspondence with both of them over the last couple of weeks. I still get a wonderful chuckle out of their blog's by-line: "Tips and Tools For Getting Imperfectly Organized". Most of us are that type of organized, huh?!?!!

     Here is a picture of the contents of the package, for your viewing pleasure. ;-p :

   
      Originally when I said I would do it, I had no idea what exactly I was going to use the file folders for. But once I opened the package and started taking pictures of it's contents, the answer came to me. The "financial records" drawer of our file cabinet!! Yes, there were already files in folders in there. This is what the drawer looked like:
     Even though Brian is a good sport and will often go looking for things himself, he has always had trouble finding the right file folder. As have the boys upon occasion, like when they are looking for a vehicle title, or some such.  The new folders have such nice large tabs on them, thus making it possible for you to write larger and clearer, that it should definitely aid them in their searching!!
    Speaking of the new styled tabs, here is a picture of what the little flier instructed about them:

    Instead of each end of the tab having a little piece that slides into the slot on the folder, the tabs have little knob like things on them, which sink into the slots. I had put one tab in the wrong place and at first got frustrated when attempting to move it. It was hard to move!!! But then I chuckled at myself (yes, that happens on a regular basis.). How often have I gotten frustrated with the old style tabs, due to them coming loose while I have a file folder out of the drawer?!?  I bet I won't have that problem with these!
    The flier also stated they were "easy slide tabs". It took me a second to figure out how to get the paper into the plastic tabs. The tabs are sealed at the bottom. With the old style, you opened the tabs up from the bottom and slid the paper up into the top. Hum mmm. But then I attempted to slide it in from the back side of the top. They inserted ever so smoothly!
    Seeings how I strive hard to be totally honest as well as real on this blog, I will also admit this next part to you. While it was easy to slide the paper into the top from the back, I only seemed to be able to slide it in to the end of the paper. That meant the paper was not centered in the tab. I know that for some of you, that would be no big deal. Let's just say it's one of my inconsequential O.C.D. traits o;-p  I tried using the pointed tip of a pen top to move the paper, but it wouldn't fit into the tab. :-(   So I just left them. Well, that is, until way into setting things up, when my fingers felt the paper through the back of the file tab. What?!?  I looked. There is a slot back there by which you can maneuver the paper to where you want it. Yes, mine are now all nicely centered. ;-p

       The package of hanging file folders they sent me, contained red, yellow and blue folders. Previously, I had also been using orange, bright and dark green folders. I both liked the cheerfulness of the multi-colored look, as well as making it easier for me to remember where things were. Such as, the utility bills were in the bright green folder. I shall now have to re-train my brain (who said "that's no easy task"?!!? ;-p). But at least these new tabs are ever so much easier to read!
      And no, I am not just saying that due to my age and how they are now making print smaller than they use to ... !!! Brent just came in and was very impressed with how easy they were to read, and was pointing out the difference between the new size and the old ones to Kayla!!! (I will refrain from saying "so there!" o:-p)
     The new styled hanging folders also have much heavier metal hanging 'rods' in them. It will be some time before I learn whether the new folders are also sealed better where those 'rods' are, or if I again need to staple along the tops of the folders to help keep the 'rods' in place. Time will also reveal if these thicker rods slide out the ends of the folders when the folders are removed from the drawer, as easily as the old style use to.
      Here is a closer up picture of the package of hanging file folders, as well as a link to where you can order your own :
  [The hanging file folders are called "Tuff (TM) Hanging Folders" ]


    The package had also contained some manila file folders. They too have large sized tabs. :-)  I did use a few of them in with the hanging files in our financial files drawer. I am definitely now a fan of the large sized tabs!!! Here is a close up picture of the manila file folders, as well as a link to where you can order some for yourself :
[They had only shipped me the manila ones, but there are colored ones available for you to order]
[The manila folders are called "New Heavy Weight Super Tab Folders"]  



     As you can see in the picture below, they had also included a one pocketed folder, which had contained various fliers. That individual folder will come in mighty handy! Like when I have a clipboard of lists for doing the food for something. Receipts will slide into that pocket ever so nicely, and the folder won't slide lose like envelopes have a tendency to.


     One of the fliers is about 'Smead Organomics'. "The "Go To" website for getting organized."  Here is a close up picture of that flier, as well as a link to their web site:


      Here is what our file drawer now looks like:


     So.... I said yes to reviewing the products, the package finally arrived, and I put it straight to use! And yes, I am impressed with the product! And no, I would not say that if I wasn't!! Honest!!!
     I was also asked to provide a link to Smead's Face book page. Here it is.

:-)  ... :-) ... :-) ... :-) ... :-) ...
check out these postings for more ideas on ways to use file folders ;-)
"Life Files" - great for baby shower gifts, etc.

"2 Calenders And A File Box" - so the whole family can keep track of events

"Non Tax Important Papers To Save"


"Clippings from magazines, etc."


You have now seen our financial files.

And soon I shall be doing a posting about my two types of recipe files ;-)
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ * ~
"For the Record"  Disclosure :
    Yes, We are being paid / compensated for doing this particular posting.
    First off, all of the filing products were shipped to us completely free of charge. :-)
    Secondly, We will be sent a $20 (twenty dollar) gift card to Target after this particular posting is officially posted on our blog.
   Nice, huh?  ;-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
(NEXT WEEK) I 'plan' on linking this particular posting up to:
~ "Making Your Home Sing Monday('s)", are hosted by Nan, at 'Mom's the Word (I love to hear)' (http://momstheword--livingforhim.blogspot.com/).
~ "Homemaker Mondays ... Yours, Mine & Ours", are hosted by Jen, at '11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven' (http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/).
~ "Market Yourself Monday", are hosted by Sumo, at 'Sumo's Sweet Stuff' (http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/)
~ "Whatever Goes Wednesday('s), hosted by Michelle, at 'Someday Crafts'
(http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/)

Blog Theme Day Hosts - If it is a problem that I got 'paid' for doing this particular posting, please let me know and I shall remove my link from your blog theme day. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I like Smead products and use them myself. Nothing better then a neat filing cabinet. Any kind of organization always makes me feel so much better.

    I've already started my Blizzard ToDo List for this coming winter. All organizational ToDos are put on the list and every time we have a blizzard it get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. came via email - "Cheryl – so happy you liked the product – great article! – AMF"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing how other people manage their paperwork. Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of Smead, but I am an organizing fan.

    I guess I am also OCD, because as soon as you said the papers weren't centered in the tabs, I was starting to get just. a. little. uncomfortable. PHEW! Glad you figured it out and everything is centered.

    Thanks for posting the progress. I am also visual....need to see pics.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]