We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Time with Reva :-)

    Reva picked me up and took me out this morning. Our first destination was one of my favorite haunts, which I have been missing horribly - 'Somewhere In Thyme', in Grandville.
   The main part of the first floor (*at least use to be) consignment items. The side rooms and upstairs are all 'dealer' booths. I did manage to make it through the main floor (we had gotten there shortly after they opened and thus it wasn't very busy at first, which helped!), then I found a patted seat and sent Reva off to explore the upstairs. She had said that it wasn't necessary, but I didn't want her missing some great find just cuz I was spinning.
    I did purchase two cute things, but due to whom they are for, I'm not saying any more about them just yet ;-). I will however give you a clue. The person they are for, well....her name starts with an 'A' and she is adorable!!! o;-p
    Reva found a dining table and chair set in one of the front window displays, that she really liked. We took pictures so she could show them to her husband. I'm posting the picture because it gives those of you whom are unfamiliar with the shop, a glimpse of what the shop is like.
     Yes, it has furniture, and dishes, and collectibles, and lines, and cute stuff and......

     I also of course had to have a picture of Reva and the neat painted wooden bowl she decided she couldn't leave there.
                                        [Isn't Reva pretty?!!!]

    A couple of weeks ago, when I had asked Brian if I could reserve the camera for today, because I was going out with Reva, he hadn't gotten the connection. I had said, "I'm a blogger and bloggers are suppose to take pictures of  EVERY-thing!  He had shaken his head while chuckling.

     Now, about the "*" by the words "at least use to be". Somewhere in Thyme's owner (Carol) has sold the business. The new owners are changing the name to 'Changing Thymes' and having a grand opening on Fri., Oct. 29th from 10 - 6 p.m. and Sat., Oct. 30th from 10 - 5 p.m.  Their notice reads, "Come as you are or wear your costume! Refreshments and treats provided! Maybe even some tricks."   The store is located on Chicago Drive in Grandville.

    After leaving Somewhere in Thyme, we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Yum! The funny thing was, we both ended up ordering almost identical lunches - their wonderful chicken and dumplings. I had mine with green beans, carrots and cottage cheese, she had spiced apples instead of the green beans. And of course we had their biscuits! :-)  Mine with blackberry jam, hers with honey. Definitely yummy!
    Michael, thanks for allowing your bride go out with me this morning! I enjoyed her company immensely!!! 
    Reva, thanks for continuing to be my friend! You are such a blessing!
    Brian, thanks for allowing me to retain friendships with 'my girls'!!!
    Lord, can you arrange it so we can get together again sometime?  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]