We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another Movie Time ;-)

     Another one of the movies which I recently rented was, "Letters To Juliet", which was released in 2010. 
     The main main character  is "Sophie", and is played by 'Amanda Seyfried'. Amanda also played a 'Sophie' role in the movie 'Mamma Mia'. Personally, I thinks she looks a whole lot like our friends Phil and Sue B.'s daughter Emily (:-)). 
     Another of the main characters is named 'Claire', and the role is played by Vanessa Redgrave. I admire 'Claire's' class, style, and personality. 
    The web description of the movie reads, "An American girl on vacation in Italy finds an unanswered "letter to Juliet" -- one of thousands of missives left at the fictional lover's Verona courtyard, which are typically answered by a the "secretaries of Juliet" -- and she goes on a quest to find the lovers referenced in the letter."
    
    
I definitely enjoyed this movie too!!! 
    I liked how 'Sophie' honestly evaluated her relationship with her fiance'. 
    I enjoyed the subtle nurturing that 'Claire' gives to both her grandson and 'Sophie'.  
    
I appreciated how the movie reinforced that both 'Claire' and 'Lorenzo'  (Claire's long lost love, played by Franco Nero (whom was a good looking older Italian man let me tell you! [at least he was in the movie. I don't like his web profile picture ;-p] ) HAD loved the mates they had been married to for years and were now widowed from. It wasn't that their marriages had been 'love-less', it was just wondering if their first love was still out there .... 
And that part was ever so romantic!!! (also comical as they found some of the other men named "Lorenzo Bartolini" still living in the general area.)
     And as for the scenery they showed of Italy... Be-U-Ti-Ful!!!  

    
As I stated in my posting about the movie 'A Good Year', "for my girl-friends whom live 'near-by', yes, I am willing to watch them (this) with you, even though it would mean watching them (it) again.  o;-p "
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]