We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

wonderful plain muffins

    In Feb. 11th's posting I had written, "We had our Pork Loin Stew with wonderful plain muffins. Don't know what I'm referring to? 'Stay tuned', I'll do a posting about them yet this weekend. :-> "  I am happy to report that I am doing that posting today. And yes, it is still within "this weekend". Go me! o;-p

   When you say the word "muffins", people either immediately think of their favorite muffin flavor, such as Blueberry -or- they start humming that song, o/~ "Do you know the muffin man? ..."o/~   ;-p 

   But as I had written, the muffins I am posting about today are "
wonderful plain muffins". There is no fruit or veggies, or even special spices added to them which make up their flavor. There is a little sugar, as well as butter, but they don't dictate the muffins flavor. There flavor is hard to describe. All I can say is that they just taste good. Especially when paired up with certain types of food.
   Foods such as Goulash (When the "boys" learn that I'm making goulash, their response is always, "oh good! Goulash and muffins!!"), and stews, and some soups, and I of course can't remember what else right now. 8-/

   For the record, I got this recipe off of a Jiffy (TM) box years ago now. Sometimes it's still on there, other times it's not. The time that I went to use it off of there and it wasn't on there, I was oh so disappointed. But I learned the lesson! The next time that it was on there, I copied it onto a 3 x 5 card and stuck it in my recipe box!!!
   Also for the record, I'm talking about the BIG box's of Jiffy Baking Mix (TM). The big ones which are like 9 x 13 in size, not the little sized box's.
   And again for the record, I'm referring to the regular recipe style, not buttermilk or any other flavored one.
   One more "for the record" - Jiffy (TM) mix and Bisquick (TM) are interchangeable products. Jiffy (TM) is made right here in Michigan, so I prefer to buy it. But which one I end up with, depends on what is available in the store I end up at. 


   Muffins:
   2 Cups Jiffy (TM) baking mix
   3 Tablespoons Sugar
   3/4 Cup Milk
   1 Egg (slightly beaten)
   2 Tablespoons Melted Shortening (Butter)

   Combine ingredients. Stir well. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Fill prepared muffin cups two thirds (2/3) full.

    Bake at 400 for 15 --> 20 minutes.
    Wait about three minutes and use a thin knife to help pop them out of the pan.
    EXCELLENT served very warm! With Butter of course ;-)
  
   I had made a double batch, which produced 16 muffins. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
  I 'plan' on linking this particular posting up to:

~
"Making Your Home Sing Monday('s)", are hosted by Nan, at 'Mom's the Word (I love to hear)' (http://momstheword--livingforhim.blogspot.com/).
~ "Homemaker Mondays ... Yours, Mine & Ours", are hosted by Jen, at '11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven' (http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/).
~ "Market Yourself Monday", are hosted by Sumo, at 'Sumo's Sweet Stuff' (http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/)
~ "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday('s)", are hosted by Lisa, at 'Blessed with Grace' (http://blessedwithgrace.blogspot.com).
~ "Tuesdays at the Table", are hosted by Cole, at 'All The Small Stuff' (http://allthesmallstuff-cole.blogspot.com/).
~ "Kitchen Tip Tuesday('s)", are hosted by Tammy, at 'Tammy's Recipes' (http://www.tammysrecipes.com/).
~ "Tasty Tuesday('s)", are hosted by Jennifer, at "Balancing Beauty and Bedlam" (http://www.beautyandbedlam.com/)
~ "Whatever Goes Wednesday('s), hosted by Michelle, at 'Someday Crafts'
(http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/)
~ "Full Plate Thursday('s), hosted by Miz Helen, at 'Miz Helen's Country Cottage' (http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/)
~ "(Foodie Friday's)", are hosted by "Gollum" (aka: Michael), at 'Designs by Gollum' (http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/)

4 comments:

  1. came from Kate via email - "Now I have the muffin recipe!!! :) It's like I'm getting married but without all the planning and stress! lol ;)

    I'm totally sending this to my sister after our Bisquick conversation. :)

    ALSO - if you are not in Analyse-land on Saturday, we are on for shopping. :) Just keep me posted."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what you're saying is that I could substitute Bisquick in this recipe instead? Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this recipe sounds grand thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with a really good muffin. Your recipe is very simple and very good. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]