We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, April 8, 2011

A, B, C, ...

    The other day, "Mexico Jen" did a posting she titled "About Me ABCs".  I read them. I smiled. I thought that was that. But as the day progressed, I came to realize that my brain had paid more attention to her, "Thanks for listening! :) How about you? Copy and past this list to your blog and after you fill it our, leave a comment so I can come see!" then I had thought it had. I came to this realization, due to how my brain kept trying to figure out what I would write for my own version of the ABC's. Yes, my own version. You know me, always adding my own personal touch to things. I wonder which letter that would fit under ... ?

   Seeings how my brain did not wish to just drop the subject, the next morning I gave in, pulled out a piece of scrap paper, and started jotting down what it was coming up with.

   After you read the list, I hope that your brain does as mine did, and that you too decide to go along with it. As Jen had asked, please let me know so that I make sure to come read yours too. This 'inquiring mind wants to know'. o;-p

A = Animals. I am fascinated by the wide variety that God created. I enjoy watching their antics. I enjoy getting to know their personalities.

B = Brian. My husband. My lover. My friend. !

C = Children. I have them. They ARE a BLESSING from the Lord!

D = Doctors. I've known plenty. Through my sons. Through my husband. For myself. They come in all sizes, shapes, and personalities. Some of whom your saddened when you hear they are retiring. Others you can't wait to change away from.

E = Eating. Something I'm really glad that people like to do, because I sure enjoy cooking and baking so that they can!!!

F = Fat. Something I hate feeling.

G = Grandma. A title I am thrilled to be!!!

H = Heart. I am told both that I have a big one and that I have a good one. :->

I = Integrity. Something I continually strive to have.

J = Junk. I find it interesting how when you first obtain it, it can seem like such a treasure. It's also interesting how it seems to self multiply.

K = Kitchen. I would like a new one. In a different house. With high ceilings through out. And two bathrooms.  And acreage. And yet most of the same neighbors we currently have.

L = Laughter. I find it to be a very important and effective medicine

M = Music. It's something I enjoy a wide variety of.

N = Notes. I take them. In school. In a church service. In meetings. I make them. To remind myself to tell somebody something. Or to do something. Or ...  Oft' times, what starts out as a note, turns into a list. And sometimes they bloom into full notebooks.

O = "O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder, consider all the works Thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder, Thy power throughout, the universe displayed. 
    (Chorus) Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee, how great Thou art, how great Thou art! Then sings my soul my Savior God to Thee, how great Thou art, how great Thou art!
    (3 rd verse) And when I think, that God His Son not sparing, sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in; that on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died, to take away my sin;
    (Chorus) Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee, how great Thou art, how great Thou art! Then sings my soul my Savior God to Thee, how great Thou art, how great Thou art!
   [Carl Boberg.  Tr. by S.K. Hines 1948.   Swedish Melody.  Revised by Rev. Jean Staneschi, 1929.]

P = Personal Touch. I like adding adding my own personal touch to things. (I found a place to add it. ;-p)

Q = Quiet. Something life has taught me the beauty of.  And yet, quiet can also be an indicator of trouble, when your raising children.

R = Reading. Oh how I have enjoyed the pleasures of it. :->

S = Strawberries. My favorite fruit. And when you dip them in chocolate.... Oh my!!!

T = Thankful. I am. For so-o-o-o many things!

U = Understanding. Something I often don't get quickly. Something I often wish people were more of.

V = Vertigo. Something I look forward to being free of !!!!!

W = Writing. Something I enjoy doing, due to how it removes the words and thoughts from their collecting in my brain.

X = Xanga (TM) - The internet 'server' our first blog was on. I sure have changed from my originally being the wife and mom whom didn't think buying a computer was necessary. o;-p

Y = 'Yonder'. A term I understand. Along with 'fixin-to' and 'withyadidya'. And that knowledge does not come from living in the state of Michigan since I turned 5. ;-p

Z = ZZzzz's. In cartoons they equal snoring. Something I'm told I now do. I think it's a trait I picked up from my husband. And our sons. And our dog. ... o;-p

   Now that you've read the list, I hope that your brain does as mine did and that you too decide to go along with it. As Jen had asked, please let me know so that I make sure to come read yours too. This 'inquiring mind wants to know'. o;-p

1 comment:

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]