We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

EASTER!!! :-)

    Over the years, I have written different postings about Easter. Some, about the fun cultural traditions of the holiday. Others, about what I believe is the root of Easter. An easy way for you to get a quick overview of both types, is to go HERE.

o/~ "Up  from  the  grave  He  arose !" o/~

[song "Christ Arose",  by Robert Lewry.]

      When I looked this song up in the hymnal, I found that the wording in my head for the third verse, was different than the songs actual wording. Aw well, I'm sticking with what my mind has it down as -

 o/~ ' Death could not keep Him there, Je-sus my Sav-ior! 
         He rolled the stone away, Je-sus my Lord!'   o/~

      ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
        
o/~  "He LIVES,  He LIVES,  Christ Jesus LIVES today!" o/~

o/~ "I serve a risen Sav-iour, He's in the world today;
        I know that He is with me, what-ever man may say;"
        (first part of first verse)

        "I know that He is leading through all the stormy blast"
         (the middle of the second verse)

        "the hope of all who seek Him, The help of all who find,
         None oth-er is so loving, so good and kind."
         (end of third verse)

       "He lives [He lives] He lives [He lives] Christ Je-sus LIVES today!
        He walks with me
        and He talks with me
        along life's narrow way,
        He lives [He lives] He lives [He lives] sal-va-tion to im-part!
        You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart."  o/~

[song "He Lives",  by Alfred H. Ackley]


     Lord, Thank-you for dieing on the cross. What a painful, horrifying death you willingly and knowingly undertook, all so that you could pay the price of / for my sins.  What amazing love! Thank-you for the free gift of salvation. By accepting your gift, you cleanse me from my sins and give me eternal life. More of your amazing love. There is nothing that I personally could ever do to earn such love or such a gift. Thank-you for loving me!!!!!
   
    ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  

   o/~ "Lord, I lift Your name on high
          Lord, I love to sing Your praises
          I’m so glad You’re in my life
          I’m so glad You came to save us"

       "You came from heaven to earth
         To show the way
         From the earth to the cross
         My debt to pay
         From the cross to the grave
         From the grave to the sky
         Lord, I lift Your name on high"  o/~
          (Chorus)

[ song "Lord I lift your name on high",
  Words and music by Rick Founds,
   made popular by Petra]


    For more information about all of this, scroll down to our blogs footer, and follow the directions therein.

The Bz House That Love Built

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]