We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"spread our wings and soar with eagles"

    Like I am sure many of you do too, I often receive emails which I have dubbed the "feel good" type. Sometimes they contain sentimental stories of such a nature, as to make you "feel good" and have the 'warm fuzzes' after having read them. Some contain prayers of some sort. And others promise you will receive some particular type of a blessing 'if you but forward this on to X amount of people in a specific amount of time'.
   Yesterday I opened one my dad had sent me, which from the get go I was sure was going to fall into one of the afore-mentioned categories. And maybe others whom read it thought it did. But it touched me. Deeply.
    As many of you know, I am an analyzer. I have a tendency to analyze things whether others think the thing needs it or not. And, whether I should analyze it or not. (Yes, there is a difference.) To a great point, it's just the way I'm wired.
    So as you would expect, after having read the email from my dad, my brain started analyzing it to some degree. But this time, it didn't just start, it kept going. What I came up with really impacted me. The things my analyzing hit upon, were things which in turn brought the names of other people to mind. People whom I truly wish would read it and take heed to the words contained there in. Things which I know I too need to take heed as well as action on.
    My dad had received the contents of the email from a friend and then forwarded it on. In a way, I too am now forwarding it on.
    May you "feel good" once you have finished reading this, and may it give you the 'warm fuzzes'. But even more than that, I hope that it too touches you deeply.
- - -
   "No wonder God wants us to spread our wings and soar with eagles."

   "The Story of the Eagle"

    "The eagle has the longest life-span among birds. It can live up to seventy (70) years. But to reach this age, the eagle must make a hard decision.

    In its' forties (40's), its' long and flexible talons can no longer grab prey which serves as food. Its' long and sharp beak becomes bent. Its' old age and heavy wings, due to their thick feathers, become stuck to its' chest and make it difficult to fly.

   Then, the eagle is left with only two options: die or go through a painful process of change which lasts one hundred and fifty (150) days.

   The process requires that the eagle fly to a mountain top and sit on its' nest. There the eagle knocks its' beak against the rock until it plucks it out. After plucking it out, the eagle will wait for a new beak to grow back and then it will pluck out its' talons. When its' new talons grow back, the eagle starts plucking its' old age feathers.

   And after five (5) months, the eagle takes its' famous flight of rebirth and lives for thirty (30) more years.

   Why is change needed? Many times, in order to survive we have to start a change process. We sometimes need to get rid of old memories, habits, and other past traditions. Only freed from past burdens, can we take advantage of the present.

   Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens. Nor by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results.

   When it rains, most birds head for shelter; the eagle is the only bird that, in order to avoid the rain, starts flying above the cloud. 

   Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
                       They will soar on wings like eagles;
                       they will run and not grow weary,
                       they will walk and not be faint."
          {N(ew)I(nternational)V(ersion)}

    Psalms 103:5 "Who satisfies your years with good things,
                          So that your youth is renewed like the eagle."
          (New American Standard Bible)   "




  I found this picture on line at this address: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/dvn/aboutus/eagle_soaring%20closeup.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
NEXT week, I 'plan' on linking this particular posting up to:
~ "Making Your Home Sing Monday('s)", are hosted by Nan, at 'Mom's the Word (I love to hear)' (http://momstheword--livingforhim.blogspot.com/).
~ "Homemaker Mondays ... Yours, Mine & Ours", are hosted by Jen, at '11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven' (http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/).

2 comments:

  1. came via email - "That is a really cool story Cheryl! I loved it and am passing it on!
    Jill Roed."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, thanks for sharing! And thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]