We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010 with Analyse

  otherwise known as - 'Christmas 2010- with our kids,  part 3'  o;-p

   I had mentioned in part 1 that we had gotten two big gifts for Analyse. One of them was a chair. A chair that I had accidentally spotted up on a shelf in the home goods section of Meijer's, months ago while cutting through there to get away from all of the 'traffic' in the main aisle. It just shouted "Analyse" at me! And grandpa Brian had agreed it indeed did. It was still there a couple of months later when I purposely went that way while at Meijer's with Brandon. He emphatically instructed me "NO!!!", while wearing a huge smirk on his face. Then Robin P. took me out to lunch and I told her about it, we of course had to stop so I could show it to her... o;-p
   Robin decided that she wanted to help me get it. She is after all one of Byron's honorary mom's. So that kind of makes her a grandma to Analyse as well .... smirk, smirk. (Yes, I'm okay with both. Kids need all of the love and prayer support they can get!!!) So early in the month of December, Robin combined her Meijer's employee discount with a special 'come-on' discount Meijer's was offering to all of their credit card holders, and purchased the chair for me. I gave her a check for the total she paid when she dropped the chair off. The box then went up on Brandon's top bunk until Christmas Eve.

     Here is a picture of the oh so cute little chair.
    And here is Analyse sitting in her chair shortly after opening it. (We had handed her the saw rattle to play with when she was protesting having her diaper changed. Wouldn't ya know, she kept playing with that thing for hours! Smirk!)

  

   While we were opening gifts, Boo had been let out for a bit. When he came back in, there was no clear spot for him to lay on the floor, so he climbed up in Analyse's chair. Brent claims it was due to no comfortable seats being empty. Either way, it was comical!
   The chair is big enough, that during the course of the two days, most all of the adult kids and some of their friends just had to try out the chair. Here is Joel in it.
 

   Cyndi had dressed Analyse up in the Christmas dress her mom had purchased, before they headed off to Grandpa and Grandma 'Honey's'.  Doesn't she look like a Christmas Angel in it?!!!

   After Cyndi had posted this picture on Face-book, her friend Whitney had commented, "Oh look at the pretty girl getting spoiled by grandma".  I do so-o enjoy just sitting and watching my little sweetheart. I have been told I wear a look of total bliss and contentment while doing so. ;-) .
   (I went to add the pictures to this after having typed it up, and couldn't find the original (I am to the side of her in the original). All I could find is this clipped one I had created to use in our new blog header.)

   In the picture, she is holding a writing pen and a spiral pack of 3 x 5 cards. Her methodology of writing really made me wonder what exactly in her mind, she was recording. She would look here or there in the room, tilt her head a little, and then make a mark on her paper. Not a huge scribble. Usually just a single mark. After a few such marks, she would put the end of the pen between her lips, so that she could use both hands to turn the pack over, then remove the pen and go back to her observing and recording. One time she had set the pen and paper down so she could drink from her cup. As she went to write again after having picked them back up, she got the most disgusted look on her face - she was holding the pad back words. The pen went back in her mouth so she could turn the pad around, but this time, she made several marks on it. She's so fun to watch!!!!

   The next day however, while her mommy and I were packing and picking things up, she wasn't being so good with her pen! Mommy had temporarily taken it away from her a couple of different times. Then while mommy was in the other room, Analyse climbed up on a couch. No big deal. However, she decided to write on the couch instead of the paper. Big deal!!! Grandma scolded her, pointed to the small mark and informed her "no-no!" before handing her the pen back. She went back to the paper. At least for awhile. Then grandma realized she was again writing on the couch. And when I got over there, I found that she had been. Here is my proof. :-{


   Like I told Cyndi (who felt HORRIBLE!!!), it's really not that big of a deal. It's part of the learning process with most kids. The big deal is that once I clean the ink spots off, it's going to show just how dirty the rest of the couch is. o;-p  Thanks a lot Analyse. Chuckle, chuckle. By the way sweetheart, your halo is crooked. ;-p

1 comment:

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]