We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

another parental moment ~

     A while back now, I had broke down and made my version of home made pizza again. The only challenge to doing so, is that you can't just spur of the moment decide to have some. It takes me over two hours to make them. You have to make the dough, and let it rise for an hour, and then roll it out, and put the toppings on them (you know I can not possibly only make one for around here! Usually it's at least three.) And bake them (and only two fit in the oven at once). So yeah, the time factor is definitely prohibitive to spur of the moment stuff.
     I had 'planned' to keep making them on a regular basis. You know how well 'planning' usually works out for me. The back and forth movement of rolling out dough, mixed with the fact that it's round shaped dough, and then spreading the sauce around, a-n-d, ... well, it just has not sounded like a wise thing to do in my current condition! Maybe I'm a wimp, but hey ...
     The thing is, that not only did all of 'my guys' make sure they were home the night I made home made pizza, Brent's girlfriend Kayla was here as well. And Kayla was v-e-r-y impressed!! Honest, I think it's good, but not THAT good .... another 'but hey' here ....
     So not only have 'the guys' been inquiring if I'm up to making pizza yet, Kayla has to. Honest, ALL of them HAVE been very polite about it. It's just been numerous requests, not left to chance that they think I know they want some ;-]
     Then last week Brent made a request - if Kayla and him helped, if I just sat and instructed them, could we make home made pizza some night. Sure :->
     So we were going to last weekend, only Kayla got sick :-(
     Yesterday I worked on the checkbook, and balanced it, and that is a process which involves looking back and forth from the computer screen to my record book, to ... . I knew it wouldn't be pleasant, but it surpassed that. I went straight back to bed. Without passing go. Without collecting my two hundred dollars.
     When I came down around seven p.m., I was met with quite the surprise. A very pleasant, heart warming surprise. Brent and Kayla were in the process of rolling out and putting toppings on pizza doughs. :-D They had got out my recipe, Brent figured he had helped me with it enough times, and they were the ones wanting it .... :-]
     This mom's heart was so thrilled!!! And let me say they did a good job of making the pizza too!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!! :-} They even bothered to not put mushrooms on a section for this person, and .... Definitely a wonderful parental moment!!! :-]
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]