We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

:->'s via 'snail mail'

     I found the 'snail mail' setting on the kitchen counter when I got back up yesterday afternoon. I started flipping through it in quite an uninterested fashion. I mean, bills, and junk mail, and ... wait! There were three pieces of 'snail mail' from friends for me!!! :-D I get THRILLED when I discover one piece of 'snail mail' that's actually personally for me. Can you imagine how I felt finding three?!!! God knew I needed the smiles and encouragement, and I thanked him profusely!!
     
     The first item I looked at was a 'Save the Date' postcard from Reva (& Michael). I (cough, cough, I mean we, as in Brian and I) actually made the guest list :-D So-o-o cool!!! I already had the date penciled in, due to planning on giving her a certain gift whether I was actually invited or not, the penciling shall now be gone over in INK! Oh yeah!!

      The second thing I opened was an envelope with Robin P.'s handwriting on it. For those of you whom might not have know me that long, Robin P. and I became very good friends back in about sixth grade (we think it was). Let's see, since we graduated in '76, yeah, just a 'few' years ago ;-} Over the years our friendship grew, and blossomed, and grew, and ... well, she has never moved down from being near the very very top of my "thankful for" lists!!!
      The 'snail mail' from her was an encouragement card. Actually, it was a blank on the inside note card, that she had hand written me a note on. The outside of the card was a picture of a basket (o;-]) over flowing with freshly clipped (evidenced by the clipping shears laying next to the basket) purple lilacs (one of both of ours favorite flowers).
    The card read "... to my best "ditsy" friend, Oh wait, you're my best "dizzy" friend, I'm the ditsy one. :-} Sorry. I had to get in the jokes, just once. ..." ;-p
    We are getting together soon for some "therapy" time. So-o looking forward to it!! !! !! Of course, this time we might just be sitting still, what with my "head problems" (;-p) and her current hip problems. But we're pretty sure that if we really try, you know, give it our best efforts, we'll be able to come up with enough things to talk about ... o;-p

     The third piece of 'snail mail' was a letter from Jessica (D.) P. (Jim & Julie's daughter). She had been cleaning out her desk and found an old letter from me and sat down very apologetically, to write me back. No need to apologize. I haven't written her in ever so long either. Sure do wish they had internet!
     She included a picture of her little family. The kids are 5 and 4 years old now ... my, my, my ...I can still picture her as a babe in arms.
     Her husband has been out of work for ten months now. He has picked up odd jobs here and there ... but the economy here in MI is just in such a hurting state right now .... May he find work and better be able to support his little family SOON!!
     It was so-o good to hear from her!

     Then I got on line to type this up and found an email from "my" Kate :-D

     Oh Lord, Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!!!!! You have blessed me with true friends! I AM blessed!! !! !!

[I had also found an encouraging email from my dad when I had gotten on line earlier in the day :->]


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 comment:

  1. The only snail mail I get are cards and I treasure them. Have not thought of this before but geesh I've not had a letter in years...like maybe 15 years now.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]