We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Muppets, Year of the Staycation, and a Sale at Salvation Army

    I woke up this morning knowing that I NEEDED to post something today. It's not that I don't have anything to post about ... I just haven't in a couple of days (will you forgive me?). I couldn't decide which subject to pick,  thought I would figure it out while I worked on a different project on line.
   That had been my 'plan'. You all know how 'plans' go for me. Sometimes they stay on tract. But way more often, they take these sudden turns ....
    Yup, that's what happened while I was trying to decide which subject to post about today. But this time, it was THREE sudden turns. 
    First, I got a phone call from a business. Second thing was, I stumbled upon a blog posting that I thought lots of you might benefit from seeing. And thirdly, I got a phone call from Byron. All righty then. I am not even going to bother trying to choose. Here then is the three different subjects I'm posting about today. (you do understand why, don't you?)

   First, the phone call.
   I got a phone call, personally inviting me to the special sales going on at the Salvation Army Stores this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend. I jotted down what I could, but they didn't have a 'push such and such button to rehear this message' option. :-[. 
    Friday - they are running special sales on purses, shoes, other accessories, and perhaps more?.
    Saturday -  All yellow tagged items are 50% off.
    Monday - ALL clothing is $5.00 for 5 items.

    Second came the stumbled upon blog posting, that I thought lots of you might benefit from seeing.  The posting was titled 'Plan a Staycation' in YOUR town'. The posting was highlighting the 'Staycation' movement currently going on. The idea behind it, is to save money by not traveling, and yet have a wonderful fun-filled vacation with your family. They word it as, "Hundreds of ways to enjoy your city on a budget".
    I found the posting on the blog, 'Life As Mom'. The posting had the United States broken down into regions ('New England', 'Mid Atlantic', 'Mid West', etc.), with various cities in that region listed underneath the title, and links to ideas for those cities linked in. (did I say that right?).
     Go HERE (http://lifeasmom.com/2011/05/plan-a-staycation-in-your-town.html) to view the posting for yourself. Happy 'Staycation' ;->

   Third thing, was the phone call from Byron. "Next time you go on line.." "I am on line" "Okay, go to ..."  That didn't work. "Okay try ..."  "found it :->"  "Watch the movie trailer mom, your gonna love it!"  While I was watching it, Benson came in, questioning what he had just heard. ;-p. I re-plaid it. "That's Awesome!".
    The title of the video clues you in to how good it's gonna be - "Watch the Real-Fake First Teaser for The Muppets" .
   
Byron - "Make SURE you tell dad about it!" "Oh yeah!"
    But I knew lots of you might enjoy it too. So HERE('s) the link (http://www.movieline.com/2011/05/watch-the-real-fake-first-teaser-for-the-muppets.php).
    Just remember to keep watching it all of the way through. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. o;-p
   
    Should more things come up, I'll start tomorrow's posting.  o;->

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]