We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cute Grandma Tales ;-}

   Last night I got to reminiscing about when my family had surprised me recently and Byron, Cyndi and Analyse were here for five days. Ah, what joy :-D !!! As I was doing so, a couple of different Analyse tales came to mind, and I decided to share them with you. Hope you don't mind. Would it matter? Probably not .... o;-p
   ( A while back Jill R. had commented, saying that I should save these postings about Analyse and give them to her some time. I had replied that I had already planned on it. I am going to start printing all of them off, putting them in page protectors, in a huge three ring binder, and then present it to her shortly before her wedding. )
   While they were here, I held Analyse in my lap as much as possible. She is a v-e-r-y active girl, and my vertigo was just as active at that point in time, so I dared not walk holding her, etc.. And she tolerates 'siting in one place' only so long. But that was okay. I could still watch her!
   But she started doing this ever so adorable, heart touching thing. (Misty eyed just remembering). The first time, she was sitting up in my lap playing with something, then suddenly she leaned back against me. I couldn't resist, I lightly leaned my head down against hers. She literally sighed and scooted closer. I was touched! I kissed her on the top of the head. She grinned up at me, sat another moment like that, then sat herself up and went back to playing.
   The absolutely wonderful part was, it was not only a one time happening!! :-} Every once in awhile she'd just lean back, sigh, and snuggle close. I could never resist kissing the top of her head and then resting my head on hers!! The moments were just too precious! But one time, for what ever reason, I just leaned against her with out kissing her. After a minute, she looked up at me all quizzical. I smiled and kissed the top of her head. She BEAMED up at me and snuggled closer, before jumping up to play with her book again. OH MY GOODNESS!!! The things that girl does to this grandma's heart!!! And to think that she only turned nine months old during the time they were here for that visit!!

   I know that I said I was going to share a couple of tales. The other one is going to wait and be a different posting. I'm just going to treasure this one for now ;-}

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! I just love babies! They just do the cutest things!

    Feet are better - still a little yucky but I can walk!

    Your ham recipe sounds really, really good - REALLY good. I don't know yet if we're going to get one with the glaze packet or without. I guess we'll see what they have at the store when we go. Either way, though, I'm really liking the juice + brown sugar idea!

    And you know, a couple of people have mentioned to me that they've had cucumber salad with mayo and other creaminess - THAT I think I've seen at, like, salad bars and such. My mom said my grandmother made it the way I did on Saturday so I'm sticking to vinegar! :-)

    Your comment didn't come across too strong at all! Sometimes I get lost in the comments and forget to respond to everyone, but I wasn't ignoring you or anything! I'm sorry!

    And I love the word "shenanigans" - like you say, it's so descriptive! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I'll never forget when I was babysitting over the weekend for a couple with two young girls, 2 and 4. We had finished breakfast the the girls were playing in front of the TV and all of a sudden I noticed the 4 yo was gone. I found her in her Mom's closet snuggling in her Mom's clothes. I asked her what she was doing and she said she missed her Mom and in the closet she could "smell" her. It was her perfume she was smelling. So cute and I will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]