We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, March 19, 2010

yup, I still am o;-p

        I've hesitated to post this particular tale this week, due to not wanting to disappoint you. Disappoint you how? you ask. Well, I'm fearful that since I've not posted anything about this in quite some time, that you might think that I've gotten over it / or out grown it / or some such. But I haven't. The truth is, that I still do wonder about myself. Often. As in, on a frequent basis. And truth be told, my bet would be that I always will .... [I started shaking my head, but I had to stop that due to my loose stones rolling around ... oh good grief, again with 'the lines' o;-p]

       For those of you whom are newer around here, I've linked up some of my earlier postings about this particular subject:
      Last half of Jan. 29th, 2009
      April 15th, 2009
      July 22nd, 2009
      Aug. 3rd, 2009
      (Yes, there probably were more further back .... your welcome to keep looking)

      So what did I do this time? (Gee-sh, you'd think one of my nick names was 'Lucy' or something 8-p)

     I try very hard to make sure that I take my cell phone upstairs with me at night. That way, should there be a problem with any of "my guys", they can get ahold of me. It has proven beneficial enough times, that I strive very hard to remember to do it.
    The other night, in the extremely early hours of the morning, I was awaken from a very sound sleep by the sound that my phone makes when it's batteries are about dead. I had been so-o-o sound asleep, that my brain was ever so groggy (yes, groggier than usual ;-b), and I REALLY just wanted to go back to sleep. But I knew that the sound would happen again. And again. And that after a few times I would become MOST annoyed with it. And yet, I didn't want to wake up enough to turn the light on, find the charger, plug it in, etc.. So I just reached over, flipped open the phone, and turned the whole thing off. "I'll take care of you in the real morning. Now body - BACK TO SLEEP!". And it had worked :-D
     In the morning I had tried to plug the charger in before heading down to the bathroom. My glasses were downstairs, but I could see the little thing on the side of the phone just fine. But why oh why couldn't I get it to open?!!! I tried. And I tried. And yes, I WAS ready to blow the house down ( o;-p) but I could NOT open that darn little flap so that I could plug the charger cord into the phone itself. BOTHER!! I kept trying, but then my innards reminded me that THEY had been the ones to wake me up, and that I best get to the bathroom, and now!
   So I laid the open, still turned off phone, in the middle of the bed, with the charging cord next to it, and headed downstairs.
   Later in the afternoon, when I headed up for awhile, I tried again. And this time I did have my glasses on. But I could not get that flap open for anything. So when Brain came in I asked him to try it. After a moment he said, "Umm mm Cheryl, your phone plugs in at the bottom. You've been trying to open the volume button". Oh my goodness!
   He was very polite and only laughed a little, but mercy!!! No wonder it wouldn't open!!!
   The only explanation we could figure out, was that I had just been working on redecorating our blog site. And part of what I was adding involved pictures which I took myself. That entailed taking a couple of shots, down loading them on the computer, hum mm, which ones do I like? Upload them onto the site. Now how does it look. Delete. Repeat the whole process. Until which point in time I was happy with the final out come. But to hook the camera up to the computer to down load pictures off of it, you have to hook this cord up - to the computer, and to the camera. And the connection spot on the camera is under a little flap ON THE SIDE OF THE CAMERA!!
   Once we got done chuckling (well, one of us was done chuckling about it anyways), it was decided that it really would make much more sense if the charger plug was on the side of the phone, and the volume button was on the bottom. That way you couldn't accidentally change the volume WHILE you were in the middle of a conversation with somebody, due to the button for volume being directly under your hand.. Or at the least, I can see how doing something like that just might happen ... o;-p

   Am I the only one who really wonders about themselves sometimes? If you to feel this way sometimes, please share a story of why with me, to help reassure me that .. well ... whatever.

1 comment:

  1. came via email - "Your soooo funny Cheryl!! I can't think of a story off the top of my head of some silly thing I've done, but I KNOW I've done plenty!!! It's really good that we can laugh at ourselves!! Love ya....Jill R."

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]