We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the surprises continued :->

      Not only did my family totally, yet thrillingly, surprise me with a visit from Byron, Cyndi and Analyse; they also had surprises planned for every day that week. :-D
       "The kids" had arrived Monday night.
      
        Tuesday held two surprise visits. The first was my nephew Andy and his six month old son Xander. :-] They had stopped by a few weeks previously, but only stayed a couple of hours. This time they stayed m-u-c-h longer :-] !! Xander is a huge boy, just like I remember both his daddy and his grand daddy being when they were babies. Ya know, I still have the hardest time remembering that my youngest brother, whom had started kindergarten the year I started college, is himself now a grandpa. Crazy!
      Xander also has the huge gorgeous blue eyes his daddy and grand daddy have. And when he smiles at you .... oh the heart.
      I had the totally amusing, absolutely fun, privilege of introducing Analyse and Xander to each other. They are second cousins. As you can see by the picture, this grandma / aunties lap was busy and FULL! But what a joy it was to be that way!


{don't I just look like a real beauty in this picture? 8-/   It was the best shot of the two little ones, so I used it anyways. Two cute babies and the clown?}

       The other surprise they had in store for that Tuesday, was that my dear friend Debbie G. stopped in for a half hour. :-D Nice! She arrived to quite the full house. The five of us who live here regularly, Byron, Cyndi and Analyse, Brent's girlfriend Kalya, Andy and Xander, Rascal crying from the top of the stairway, and Boo at first not liking her (which was weird since he totally knows and usually loves her, we figured out that it was due to the black leather coat she was wearing) and then wanting her full attention. ;-p And of course then there was the mess this house has gotten in. But she gave me the warmest hugs and smiles, and snuggled down beside me on a couch, telling me she came to see me not my house, and we talked a bit amongst the chaos. And then she told me that while it might be a bit crazy, and definitely busy, you sure could feel the love. She also stated that to have that many in those ages willingly 'hanging' in my living room aiming to cheer me up, that was a HUGE credence to who I am. What a wonderful, sweet thing to say!

       I was scheduled for my first 'balance physical therapy' Wednesday morning. [I am working on a update posting about all of that.] When I got home, another surprise was waiting. Jess, whom is one of our "part-time kids". She goes to college in the upper part of Michigan and her mom has moved to Canada, so we don't have the opportunity to see her much any more. But she was here! "Live and in person" ( ;-p ) Full of her hilarious sassy little comments. What fun!!!

      They found out at the last minute, that the surprise they had lined up for Thursday had changed their plans. :-[ So they switched gears and moved Friday's plans forward. Byron and Cyndi treated Brian and I to lunch out at Logan's, while Benson babysat. (Cyndi helped him make homemade fudge brownies later as a thank-you.) Lunch was YUMMY!!! Afterwords we took them down to 'Once Upon A Child' - the children's consignment shop where we had found the BoUnCiE seat for Analyse at.
      Our Cyndi absolutely hates shopping!!! Seriously!!! She likes to hang at a mall to watch people, but prefers to never actually go into stores. However, we learned that shopping for Analyse is totally a different thing all together!!! Oh my. They bought some items of clothing for her. We purchased an actual 'baby' walker. And when they are in town next month, I HAVE to be stable enough to do a day of visiting all of the various 'Once Upon A Child' stores around this area!!! Sounds like fun!

       Seeings how we had done Friday's plan on Thursday, that freed up Friday. So they ran a couple of errands, and then we just enjoyed visiting together. That worked for me!!! Round about the time they had planned on leaving, my niece Bethany came by. Her and Benson were going to spend the evening together, but in the mean time she got in some cuddle time. Cute!

       What a fun, spirit lifting week!!! So-o-o looking forward to them being here again around Easter!
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 comment:

  1. came via email:
    "So glad to hear about your fun week. I know it made you feel better. God is Good.
    Love ya,
    Billie"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]