We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Middle of the night scare!

       I had gotten back up late Monday night, due to my stomach INFORMING me that I had not given it enough during the day. I am not positive exactly what time it was that I got up. See, Michigan is one of the states that participates in the daylight savings thing, and so we had 'lost' an hour during the night Sunday night. "Spring forward (you lose an hour), fall back (you gain an hour)". However, "the boys" always just pull out their cell phones to check the time, and the condition I had been in Sunday did not warrant climbing up on chairs to change the house clocks. So-o, I think it was around 1 a.m. that I had gotten back up, but then again it might have been 2.
       Does it matter? Not really. But it does explain some of the added confusion going on inside of me during the events of this story.
       Why was my stomach still so hungry? I had gone to balance therapy Monday morning. Even though my appointment wasn't till 11, I had chosen not to eat anything first. Turned out that it was the Lord prompting me not to!!! Goodness. Brian is again going to type up an update report for me, but let's just suffice it to say that the machine they had put me on to test me this time, was reading three different things, one of which didn't register at all for me. Not good! (the machine was working fine, I just wasn't giving it anything to register) And this time the extreme Vertigo registered as coming from my left ear, not my right. And after the machine testing had finished, the therapist had taken one look at me and informed me that he was sending me home early, that obviously I had had enough for one day.
       Afterwords Brian had dropped me off, before heading to get his check and go to Meijer's. He had then stopped at Wendy's and picked me up a single. In the evening I had had about a half dozen crackers with small slices of cheese, but hadn't dared put anything else into my rolling innards. Therefore, by the middle of the night, my stomach was protesting. Loudly!!!
       I had eaten a bowl of dry Cheerios and drank a glass of OJ, while chatting with Benson who was on the couch in the living room. As I went to place my glass in the kitchen sink, something caught my eye out the kitchen window. Something most definitely was not right!!!
       There seemed to be light coming out of the front of the garage. And there was faint light I could see through the bare bushes along the alley, which seemed to be coming out of a car parked there. And there WERE people moving around!!! NOT GOOD!!!
       While still standing there, I kind of loudly said, "BENSON - GO WAKE UP BRENT - NOW!!! THERE ARE PEOPLE PARKED IN THE ALLEY DOING SOMETHING BETWEEN OUR CARS!!!"
       Immediately Benson was in the kitchen, and almost as immediately, he had opened the back door and was walking out saying, "what ya doing?". YIKES!!! 'Benson', I thought, 'I wanted you to get Brent too, because there are more than one of them out there!!!' Then I saw somebody walk into the front of the garage, carrying something, while Benson watched. WHAT?!?!?!
       When Benson came back in, he explained that he had thought he'd heard Brandon's voice and that was why he'd just headed out. I hadn't, at all. Then again, my ears are how messed up right now? 8-/ . Benson went on to say that it was just Brandon and a friend dropping something off. Okay. Crazy 'kid'! Scaring me like that!!!
       Benson had closed the door behind him when he came in, and the vehicle had driven away, with two heads visible in the front seat. But then I saw somebody moving out along the alley by the front of the cars again. "BENSON!!!"
       Turned out that Brandon had stayed here, and that he'd arrived via two friends. When he walked through the back door he immediately said, "What are you doing up?!!!" looking at me. He then apologized profusely for scaring me. He'd had no idea that anybody would be up and about. Turned out that he was putting a large speaker in the garage which belonged to one of the friends. He was going to be testing it out for him.
       I had headed back up to bed much relieved that that had been all it was!!! Very much relieved!!! And thanking the Lord that everything was still alright in our small smidgen of the world. Well, off balance and dizzy, but 'alright' none the less.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you didn't shoot first ask questions later... HAHAHA kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jen on this one. J. does things like that and doesn't tell me. It is scary!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]