We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the second tale -

     Yesterday I had said that I was going to share a couple of "grandma tales" with you, but had ended up only sharing the one (still smiling over it though!) Here is the second one.
    One afternoon Analyse was sitting in my lap, very tired, and I was trying to settle her into a nap. As I was looking down on her, I noticed how her hair was starting to grow. (Grandma's notice these things! ;-p) I couldn't help myself, I started caressing it. I learned that caressing her hair helps her settle down and that she really likes it!! She's like her daddy in that respect!!!
    Then I noticed that on the sides, her hair was just long enough it was over her ears. How cute! As I was stroking it, I tucked the one side behind her ear. It stayed. Cute!!! About a minute later she reached up and grabbed at her hair. However, those adorable little hands didn't only get the hair, they got the whole ear. So when she pulled hard on her hair, she was also pulling hard on her ear. OUCH!!!
    She let out this little howl and instantly started crying hard. Real tears and everything!!! We immediatly had the attention of everybody in the room. While I was trying to sooth and comfort Analyse, I was also explaining what was wrong to everybody else. Some responded full of sympathy, both for me and Analyse. But others of course started with the "what a mean grandma" and "just cause you were a mean mom, doesn't mean you have to be a mean grandma too" lines. I get no respect o;-p
    I was able to quickly sooth Analyse and get her to sleep. And my mind took great note that she does NOT like her hair tucked behind her ears!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome note today on my site! It made me smile and I laughed at that great idea for your boys to shoot/target practice on stuffed animals from the Goodwill store! I'll have to keep that one in mind if my boys ever start to learn to shoot!

    The story about your Grand-daughter was precious.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time I braided my cousins long blonde hair and she cried and cried. I think she thought I had knotted it and was thinking about the pain when her Mom tried to brush it out!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]