We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

thoughts and smiles of Easter

                                                                      
    I have been pondering about what I wanted to write this year for Easter. While many of the things I had previously written came to mind, I wondered exactly what all I really had written. So I went looking. The very first posting we still have saved on our Xanga site, is from back in Nov. of '04. There had been postings before that, but at one point in time I didn't grasp the concept of the internet. I thought it worked like memory on your computer does, so I had deleted a whole bunch of postings not wanting to fill my xanga's memory and thus be unable to post anymore. Oh well.
   Anyways, I went looking for previous postings about Easter. The first Easter related thing I came across was from Monday, March 28, 2005. "Sat. night we told our waiter Happy Easter - his response was interesting - "I use to say that to everyone, but now that it's no longer "politically correct" I don't, but I will to you! :-}" WOW!! So much for freedom of religion - But I shall continue to say "Merry CHRISTmas" and "Happy Easter"!!! Praise the Lord that he loved (and loves) us enough that he gave us both!!!!!"  
  Seeings how I did my searching pretty much by looking through postings from the middle of March to the middle of April each year, it is possible I missed some. But that's okay. What I did find, did cover most of the subjects I was thinking about posting about. And some of the postings also brought great smiles to my face. I hope you enjoy them too!
Ash Wednesday:
~ On Feb. 27, 2007, there was one about 'Ash Wednesday', what all it's about, and a challenge to those whom participate in it.
The Lenton Season:
~ On March 16th, 2009, I posted some thoughts about the season of 'Lent'.
Easter traditions:
~ The first part of the posting, dated, April 19th, 2006, had to do with some history behind a couple of things associated with modern day Easter.
~ On Monday, March 25th, 2008, part of the posting was about us hiding Easter eggs for a friend :-} that was fun!! (that particular posting also included a couple different funny "Boo" tales)
~ The posting on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, was titled "Easter - part 1". It had to do with thinking about Easter Baskets.
~ April 7, 2009 I posted "Easter - part 3", which was about some stuff I had found about Easter baskets when googling.
~ On April 10, 2009 "Easter - part 4" was posted. It was all about getting dressed up for Easter.
~ March 5, 2007 - dressing up for Easter.
Holy Thursday:
~ March 21, 2008 - Holy Thursday
Easter itself:
~ The Monday, March 24, 2008 posting was about something that happened in our lives that gave me a whole new perspective on Easter. A son had been hit by a car ...
~ Then, April 5, 2009, was titled "Easter - part 2". It had to do with how I view Easter.
REJOICE  AND  CELEBRATE  THIS  EASTER !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd worry about being politically correct any more. I've always said Merry Christmas or Happy Easter. And yes I do watch all the Jesus Movies on TV for Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the easter tradition in this post. Its very nice... Keep om posting like this good things

    Social Bookmarking List

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]