We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, March 26, 2010

last nights 'outing'

    Last night my dear friend Jewels (her real name is Julie E.) let me ride along with her to the church baby shower for my soon to be born great niece. I have always thought I was a pretty great aunt, so I have no problems being called a 'great aunt'. o:-)
    One of the games was to guess how many jelly beans were in a bottle. As I held the bottle up and started counting how many jelly beans I could see touching the bottom, a niece whom was sitting beside me, started throwing in all kinds of random numbers. With a chuckle I said, "Kalee, my brain is dizzy and fuzzy enough without you helping it along!" "Oh Aunt Cheryl, I didn't even think about that, I'm .." "Chuckle, chuckle. Your as bad as all of my guys and all of their lines about me being 'off balanced' and all!"
    After a couple of the ladies giving the shower had gone through every bodies guesses, they brought five answers back in and the expecting mommy had to draw one. Nobody had hit the number right on, so they had her draw from the top five. While I didn't win, I did learn that my guess was only off by three!!! Woohoo!!!
    The other game was a version of the ever popular "unscramble the words". But this time it had a twist. Across the top of the page, it had said something about it being things baby 'Carpenter' (their last name) would need. As I started looking down the list, suddenly one of the words looked like it could be 'hand saw'. Hum mmm, it would be something a 'Carpenter' would need .... I tried to keep going, but the letters started dancing (vertigo affects everything!!! :-(.)
   Turned out I was right. funny! But a few of the women piped up that that wasn't fair, they had been trying to find actual baby items, so she gave them five more minutes. The winner received a purple handled hammer :-> And the mom to be got a wooden pounding on peg board thingy. Creative!
    Jewels and I left right after the gift opening started. My head was starting to really spin, and her husband was back home from doing a long haul on the road. But the mom to be did open our gifts before we left. Mine was a 'Life File' . I had planned on making one, but I had also been INFORMED that that was what I was suppose to give ;-p Jewels gift was adorable! It was a pink with colored handle little tote bag, which had pink baby sized sandals strapped to it. Inside there was an infant girl two piece swim suit, a small sized beach towel, and a thermal cover for a baby bottle. ABSOLUTELY creative and adorable!!!
    En-route there and back, I got to catch up about Jewel's husbands new job, her sons wedding in July, her daughters wedding in December - life. Friends are such a blessing!!! And a treasure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]