We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blog news

~ I am both honored and yet rather embarrassed to tell you that I was featured yesterday by one of my blogging friends named Jen. Via blogs, I have met and interacted with some really wonderful / real people. 'Real' as in they don't put on pretenses to glorify their lives. But also 'real' as in they really do exist. :-}. Certain males in this family (actually, I think it's been all of the males in this family 8-p), have teased me about whether or not my 'blogging friends' really exist, or whether they are just made up people. I have tried (although my attempts have not been totally successful) to reassure them that "my blogging friends really are real people, not just figments of my imagination as some of your friends have been o;-D".
     While I have met and interacted with a lot of people, there are a few which I have actually struck up friendships with :->. Two of them just happen to be named Jen. So in conversation (yes, in real life, I talk about my blogging life friends o;-p) I refer to them as "Jen from Mexico" and "Lipstick Jen". "Jen from Mexico" is an American living in Mexico, and the name of "Lipstick Jen's" blog is 'Lipstick and Laundry'. You can click on the names I refer to them as (in parenthesizes above), to link straight to their blogs ;-}.
    P.S. here, your being able to link straight to their blogs via that method, is a blogging first for me. :-D :-> I finally understand the 'how to' that people had told me, as well as got brave enough to ... always scared of shutting everything down / goofing everything up ... .
    As I started to tell you, I am both honored and yet rather embarrassed to tell you that I was featured yesterday by my blogging friend 'Jen from Mexico'. Honored that she chose my posting about different uses for pastry blenders to feature for her "Yours" section of her "Homemaker's Monday's" "theme" day. {You can click on the words "pastry blender" above, to take you straight to that particular posting of mine ;-)}. The "rather embarrassed" part is actually combined with more of the "honored". I am rather embarrassed and yet definitely honored by what she said about me personally. Definitely both. Click HERE to go to the posting of hers that I am referring to.
     While your there, make sure you click on and read the comments left for that particular posting. :-p

~ Recently while I was visiting Byron and Cyndi (aka: B1 and C2), I had Byron help me look into and then set up our new blog site via blogspot.com. While I like our xanga site, and have learned how to set things up on it all by my little ole self (;-p), via emails I have heard from numerous ones that xanga is not 'visitor friendly'. In other words, other people whom visit my blog can not easily leave me comments. You know me, I love to talk (o;->), and no I don't always want it to be one sided conversations!
    Byron was the one whom originally set up our xanga site for us. Originally, it was so that we had an easier method with which to communicate with and get information out to all of our "part time kids". Then it grew from there into oh so much more. And as you know, I got to where I really enjoyed it. And yet I, like 'Johnny 5', "need(ed) more input". {;-p}
    So with Byron's help, we looked into a blogspot blog site. Turned out that they too were free. :-D. Definitely an important feature ;-p. He totally understood how to set it up, explained everything to me as we went along, and didn't get upset when I'd say, "your going too fast", or "slow down", or "regular English please". What a blessing!! THANKS Byron!!!
    Another important feature is that blogspot blog sites are much more 'visitor friendly'. Anybody can leave comments on a posting, whether or not they personally have a blog site of their own. If they don't, all they have to do is start a "google account", which is so easy I had already done that all by myself (o;-p). {Also, (another great feature) is if somebody crosses the 'dumb line' and leaves an offensive comment, the blog owner has the ability to delete that particular comment :-)}
    And yet another important feature is that any and every body can sign up/subscribe to get notified when you post new postings. They don't have to have a blog site of their own to access this feature either. I like that.
     Later in the same day that Byron had helped me set up our new site, he told me that he had just started a site for them as well ;->. I figured those of you whom know them "in real life" might be interested in visiting their site too. Then again, those of you whom just feel like you sort of know them due to my talking about them, might be curious and want to visit them too. Here then is their new blog site: "A Lord, a Lady and a cute little Princess" (click on their blogs name to go straight to their site). I LOVE the name he gave their blog!!!

p.s. - the heartburn pills I took when I got up due to that burning problem have now kicked in, so I'm headed back to bed. So-o-o glad I no longer have to get kids up for school in another couple of hours!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This from Jen from Mexico.....you are so sweet! Thank you! Wouldn't it be nice if we could meet all of our blogging friends in real life somehow?

    I'm glad you figured out how to do the link thing. Blogger makes things so easy, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to reading your new blog, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh shucks... Thanks... You are always so kind and uplifting... Your comments are great and I am just glad I can FINALLY comment back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizibeth B. sent via email - "Cool!"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]