We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

what?!???

      You know how you read something and then your brain says w-h-a-t?!?!!!! I've shared a bunch of those kind of incidents with you before. Well, this morning, I had another one.
      This morning I came down to take some more med's and found yesterday's mail laying on the kitchen counter. The top headline for the 'Schoolhouse' news caught my eye. It says, "Kindergarten Registration for the class of 2023". So what about that goofed me up?
      Well, see, my brain brought to mind how for so many top notch private schools, you almost have to register your kid at birth in order to get them admitted for kindergarten. So then the papers title was talking about enrolling kids now, to start kindergarten in the year 2023. Goodness!!! Like you'd know this far in advance that your going to have a baby that would be ready to start kindergarten that year. Let's see, if they were to start kindergarten at age five, that means you wouldn't even be having them for eight years yet ... Heck, lots of people who will be having kids ready to start kindergarten that year, haven't even met the person they are going to marry yet, let alone be "planning" their children's births (as though you can always count on that method 8-p).
       Are the schools really THAT packed/full that they need to make enrollment lists this far out?!!!
       How far out was that again? Oh yeah, thirteen years .... goodness, your usually only in school for thirteen years ...
        And then it clicked - OH!!! (<-- H U G E letters there). They're referring to enrolling kids in kindergarten who will be graduating in 20 23 ... geesh Cheryl!!!

        I took my pills and went back to bed .....

         I'd like to blame this incident to the current headache mixed with tilting swirling, pin-balling going on inside my head .... but yeah, we all know better ... it's not just that, it's me.

        Ya gotta love me! Your contract as 'friend' says so!!! Besides, I do-o-o provide you with such great laughing material ....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'm filing this under "Wondering"

The "wondering" file shall contain things such as: "okay "Lucy" 'splain it" 's , mis-read things, "wondering about myself" incidents, etc. . Yeah, it'll probably turn out to be a really full file o;-p
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA...I had to read your post twice before I understood what you said. I would have been confused with the headline like that too, so you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]