We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, January 8, 2010

"I get no respect" ;-p

     My eldest niece came by last evening, to hang with B2 for awhile. You know, talk, play video games, be silly together. Excuse me - the son says that guys in their twenty's don't do "silly". Hum mmm ... guess it depends on your perspective. o;-p
     Both of them had invited me to come in and "hang too", once I got done with the cookies* ( * 'nother story/posting there). I knew that they both knew I had no intention of playing their game with them, but their laughter was inviting!
     At one point on the nieces half of the TV screen, her video man was wading into the water. She quoted a line from some movie to B2, which meant absolutely nothing to me, yet they both found very funny! I reassured them they didn't need to 'splain it. She then questioned where she (her character) was ... Looking at her screen I said that it reminded me of the islands off of Hawaii. She shot me a quizzical look - like how and why would I think that? I asked her if she had ever watched "Magnum". With her face all scrunched up quizzical like, she shook her head and said, "No, who's that?!" B2 inserted, "it's a guy on one of mom's favorite TV shows, played by one of her favorite actors, Tom Selleck". Her face got even more quizzical as she said, "Who's he"??
      "He's tall, dark haired, good looking ... um mmm ... have you ever seen the movie 'Two Men and a Baby"?, I asked.
      "Only a few parts of it ... is he the one with that over sized kind of creepy mustache?" B2 EXPLODED with laughter, while sticking his fist out in her direction. She shot me a "oh no, I'm in trouble here look" but with full laughter struck his fist with hers. Geesh!
       B2 expounded further, "Yeah, we're (as in the brothers / my irreverent sons) convinced that the reason he can be shot so many times and yet never die, has something to do with a protective shield provided via his mustache. We bet that if you shaved off his mustache, he'd be the biggest wuss ever." (I told you those boys are irreverent!!!)
      Both of them were now laughing grandly. I cast both of them "a look" and stated, "I get no respect!" (Rodney Dangerfield - I feel your pain! ;-p)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, I have never understood his appeal, the mustache does NOTHING for me, my hubby explained it was the era, both his dad and mine have mustaches and would never dream of shaving them... Come to think of it I have never seen either one of them without...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difference in generations mother. He is equivalent to this generations Jude Law or Johnny Depp. You think Gibbs on NCIS is attractive, dont you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Selleck....my kind of guy and a Detroit Tiger fan too!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]