We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

not a fan of pinball

     Well, I am yet again headed back up to bed. As most of you know, I have Vertigo. Originally (this round) it had hit like a sledge hammer blow on one of those muscle man shows. 8-/
      Then I got to the point that I was hardly feeling any symptoms. Even actually got a few things accomplished around here. And seeings how they had said to take the medication every 8 to 12 hours on a 'as needed basis', I stopped taking them.
      I did pretty good for about 24 hours. Then started feeling it again. Not horrendously. But definitely feeling it. :-{ So I not only went back on the pills, but also called the Dr. for another prescription, seeings how it is not a refillable one. No way did I want to get half way through doing the food for last weekends snow camp, only to have it turn really bad again.
      By Sunday afternoon, I was back to only the slightest of symptoms, so I stopped taking the pills again. Monday I did wake up with a headache, but due to how it felt, figured it was all weather pressure change related. It probably was. However, late Monday afternoon, as I was leaning into the basement fridge, getting more leftovers out to make part # 2, it felt like something in the top of my head rolled over, three times. Yikes!!!
     The world immediately started tilting again, and spinning, and the stomach was trying to empty itself upward, and ... not good! NO, I had NOT again hit my head on something!! Not at all. Just leaned in and everything broke loose. :-<
     Since then, it feels like there is a pin ball game going on in the top of my head. And I'm not a fan. Never been that big of a fan of pinball, whether it's the little hand held game types we had as a kid; nor the big loud, game room styled ones. Did kind of like Elton John's 'Pinball Wizard' song though ... but that's totally different ;-p.
      Right now, watching the screen scroll down is making my eyes swim, and not in tears. And having Boo walk in and sit beside me for a sec., then turn and leave the room is making my head sway. And discovered that we didn't seal the den window up good enough, because the window shade is moving a small amount, not sure I had even noticed that before. But right now, it's affecting my balance - and I'M SITTING STILL IN A CHAIR!!! Gee-sh!!!
     I know that this too 'came to pass'. Definitely voting for sooner not later!! Very soon! Actually, very, very, very soon!!!! In part, because it's just not pleasant. But also because 'the plan' was for me to head to the out of state 'kids' in about two weeks, but I am so horrendously behind here as it is, and ... . Patience is a virtue I'm currently running low on my supply off.
     So I'm headed back up to bed. To lay on my right side and hopefully not forget and turn towards the door. That hurts!! And hopefully I'll again go to sleep. Laying there for hours doing nothing but feeling the pin ball game going on inside my head, even though the ONLY muscles being used are the ones to breath with, yeah, boring!! Frustrating!!! I've got so-o-o much I want/need to accomplish!!! Oh yea, patience .....
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 comments:

  1. I think you'd better keep taking the pills!

    Take care sweetie!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. vertigo sucks but im sorry, PINBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P feel better mommy dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. from Jill R. via email - "I'll say a prayer for you Cheryl!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. from Elizabeth B. via email - "Praying for you!"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]