We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve

      Happy New Year. Yes, I am again writing to you from my home computer. The original plan had been for me to ride both there and back with Wendy S., heading there on Monday and back again on Wednesday. But that changed an hour before we were to head back again. B1 decided that he wanted to come home for a couple of days, and Cyndi's mom said she would watch Analyse the day Cyndi had to work, so I ended up not heading home till yesterday afternoon. Aw darn .. extra time with "my girls" o;-D
Before I left, Cyndi asked if I was sure that I wanted to leave. She was implying that I was welcome to stay there longer :-D. My answer to her was very true - I was missing my man. Yup, it's good to be back in his arms again!!!
      Last night was New Years Eve. I had been asked what our plans were for it, I really didn't have a clue. I knew B3 was suppose to cater, but not how late. I figured whatever B4 would be doing, would include Kayla. B2's choice would be determined by his work schedule. And now B1 was going to be home as well. I have learned to "flow" (aka: go with the flow).
      It ended up being only Brian and I, and Boo and Rascal home last evening; and due to his actions earlier in the day, Rascal was banned to the upstairs, no matter how pitiful his begging/pleading was. 8-/.
     So we ended up spending the evening just the two of us. Wonderful!!! He had purchased a pre-flavored roast and cheese filled ravioli for dinner, which we ate while renting a movie via U-Verse. Calm, cozy, relaxing, uncrowded - just our style ;-p
    The movie? Julie and Julia - the one about Julie the blogger and Julia Child's. Yes, it came out quite a while back, but we had not seen it yet. I had been waiting for a chance to watch it with Brian. Last night was that chance, and we were glad we took it! Both of us thourally enjoyed the movie!!! We found it funny, realistic, and were glad we were already eating good tasting food while watching it!!! Some of the featured foods looked so-o-o tempting! Brian remembers watching the Julia Child cooking show and thought Meryl Streep nailed her character! And yes to any of you 'girlfriends' whom have not yet seen it, I WOULD be willing to watch it again with you! Renting it via our U-Verse account only cost six dollars. Not bad, especially when you don't have to bundle up and drive to a movie rental place to get it, let alone remember to return it in time later.
     After the movie we flipped around a bit (seeings how Brian had the remote) between different end-of-the-year/decade reports and Dick Clark's New Years Eve Celebration. There was one point on Fox's 'end of the decade report' that we saw differently on. They rated a black man as becoming president as the biggest event of the decade. We chose their lower rated bombing of nine-eleven as the biggest. May it never happen again!!!!!
      So we are now into the year 2010. We're curious (okay, so I am more than Brian is ....) how you you be enunciating that - the name of the year?
      ~ Will you be saying "Twenty Ten"
      ~ Or will you be saying "Two Thousand and Ten"?

Happy New Year!
Wishing for you a year where you draw even closer to God,
The Bz's ...

5 comments:

  1. Funny..we here at home rated the pivotal moments just as you and yours did..lol

    Fox must be slipping.. (wink)

    Not sure about the 2010 I'll be lucky if I remember to write it on my checks by March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Julie and Julia! So glad you enjoyed it too. So far I've seen it twice and would watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you lost me with all the B's but I got the gist of it... You and hubby were together, the best place to be...
    I hadn't really thought much about it, I probably would have said 2 thousand 10, but I heard 20 10 said yesterday and I liked it... Not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. came via email -
    "Most definitely saying two thousand ten. :)

    Breanna "

    ReplyDelete
  5. came via email -
    "Twenty-ten. Happy New Year.
    Love, Billie"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]