We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yesterday -

     Yesterday turned out to be "one of those day's". You know, one of those that made me very sorry I had gotten back out of bed. Remember, I originally had been up super early ... then went back to bed. I had then slept wondrously. But shortly after getting back up, things just started unwinding ... and heading the wrong direction ... and going from challenging to being in tears .... and I went from not just snapping at people - but S-N-A-P-P-I-N-G at people .... and then not just being in tears, but out and out crying .... and it seemed like I could not do even one single little thing that I was suppose to do right .... and 'circumstances' were interfering left and right .... and ....
     I won't bore you or bring you down with all of "the details". I know you 'get' what I'm talking about. In-fact, I know that at least most of you will admit to having been there yourself before.
     Last evening someone asked me about it. I just answered, "I'm clinging to "it came to pass! It didn't come to stay, it came to pass", and I'm ready for it to pass right on out of here!!!!"
    The person had chuckled from their heart and said, "Cling to that!! We've all been there! May it pass soon!!!"

    Before heading up to bed, I had stopped at the computer desk. My eyes were drawn to a book sitting on it that Robin P. had given me quite awhile back, and yet for whatever reason, I had not yet started reading. Honestly, I know the reason - God's amazing, wonderful, provision filled timing. He is just so-o cool!
    The name of the book? "Through the Rocky Road and into the Rainbow Sherbet". The subtitle reads, "Hope & Laughter for Life's Hard Licks". Hum mmm do ya think that fits? Like I said, God's timing is amazing. And yes, I had been pondering fixing a bowl of ice cream. o;-p
    Oh, the author of the book is 'Laura Jensen Walker'.
    I had it in my possession as I headed upstairs, and yet I was seriously questioning how much of it, if any, I would actually read last night. Why? Quite a length of time spent fighting tears, crying, c-r-y-i-n-g, and then back to fighting tears, makes for weary tired eyes. Wasn't sure they could even handle reading.
    But then, God had pointed the book out to me, right?
    Okay, I'll at least read the introduction. I read the introduction another author had written. Then I read the authors introduction. And then ... well, I ended up reading the first six chapters last night. The word laughter being in the subtitle is very appropriate!
    In the book, the author shares tales from her life. But the tales are always told from a humerus perspective. You know me, I LIKE that! And yet while I was laughing, I was still getting the points she was using the stories to make. And she includes these wonderful quotes from varying sources both before and after every chapter. And she ends each chapter with a reference to some type of ice cream that totally ties in with that chapter. Very creative! And yet also still very realistic. I love seeing God's whit and humor via the talents he has blessed his people with!
    I also appreciate the encouragement he gifts us with through those same sources. He is just so amazing!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have those days and I expect I'm due for a week from heck soon! I hope I find a little something to tide me over like you did your book!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]