We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, January 22, 2010

"Called Byron - funny story there!!!"

     Back on Dec. 4th, my posting was tittled, "'sort of' catching you up -" and near the top I had written, " I decided to 'sort-of' catch you up with what all that's been going on in my (still) crazy life, via a sketchy outline. You know me, this is just a sketchy outline, I WILL be telling you lots more details about parts of it (hopefully) soon."
      I admit that I am way to good at leaving you hints about things, with the promise of more info. to follow, and yet never actually doing so. I truly have been working at changing that habit!! If you go back and read that posting, you will notice that several of the 'promised' things actually have been posted about. :-D. Yes, there are also several which have not, but I AM working at it!!
     Today's posting then, is about one of the promised ones. It was under the section, "~ Wednesday, Nov. 25th - " and stated, "Called Byron - funny story there!!! ;-p Didn't finish prep work, chose to play instead o:-D"
      That evening I was definitely in a jolly mood. After all, I had been on a date with my husband that day (:->), I did have a good start going on what I wanted to fix for our Thanksgiving dinner, and my 'out of town' kids were coming in. It was a jolly great night!
      After having helped Brian dig out the guns, I went back to the kitchen to work on more dinner prep. But I also decided to call Byron and see what time they thought they would be heading out. I know that sometimes it depends on predicted traffic at certain time slots, and other times it depends on Miss Analyse's temperament that particular day. Well, actually, it's usually a mixture of her temperament and the fact that her car seat has to be in the back seat, facing the back of the car. Two downers as far as she is concerned. Actually three. First is the car seat. W-a-y to confining!!! And it does not bounce!! Second is that it has to be in the back seat. She wants to be really close to where ever you are!! Thirdly is facing the back seat. B-o-r-i-n-g!!!!! And she can't lean quite far enough forward to see out the side windows (again with the confining issues), And even if Cyndi sits back there beside her, well, she doesn't just let Analyse out when Analyse notifies her she wants out. Not acceptable!!!!
     So I dialed his number planning to inquire when they'd be heading here. But I was in a really jolly mood, so when he answered his phone I asked, "are you here yet?!!". He had sort of snorted and said, "We're on our way, but I just hit really bad traffic., Can I call you back?" "Sure".
     Not four minutes later, through the kitchen window, I had seen Brent pull in. Thus I didn't turn around when I heard somebody come through the back door. I mean Boo was greeting him. ;-p . But then Brent said, "Umm m-o-m" so I turned. Standing beside Brent was Byron and Cyndi, who was holding Analyse. :-D !!! :-> !!! :-) !!! :-} !!! Can you tell I was thrilled?!!!!! {Brent just happened to arrive home at the exact same time they pulled up - God and his humorous timing ;-p)
    Turned out that they had JUST pulled onto our exit ramp when I had called him ;-p. They had wanted to come early and surprise us, and then I called .... so he 'faked it' ... "will you forgive me for lying to you mom?" Their beaming smiles along with their actual presence made it okay, "this time" o;-p.
    But then Analyse was beaming at me too :-D !!! Usually it takes her a bit to warm up again .... so how could I just go back to prepping food? o:-} We played!!!! An ever so thankful grandma, a thrilled to be free of her car seat granddaughter, and a relieved daughter-in-love. A wonderful evening!! That was also when we introduced Miss Analyse to her BoUnCiE seat. Good times!!!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
about filed under "the grandchildren"  - true, we only have one so far. No, there are no more currently on the way. But someday ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]