We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The 2010 "I'm thankful for :" Challenge -

           (I found this picture on-line years ago, no idea where, sorry!)

    In the past, I have talked about how being thankful is an attitude. An attitude that we should adopt. We need to strive to be 'the glass is half full' type of people.  Having a thankful attitude creates a far more positive outlook / perspective on life, thus drastic improving our 'coping with life' skills.
     While we 'should' have a "I'm thankful for:" list, that we frequently re-read and continually add to, most of us wait till around Thanksgiving to actually get around to making that years list, or at the least, mentally thinking about one.
     Yes, I just admitted that I too am guilty of not always physically writing my list down. So I decided that for the month of November, I am going to strive to daily take action on that. And then the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of encouraging all of you to join me in doing so too.
     Therefore (according to, and because of [o;-p]), I am hereby issuing a challenge to each and every one of you, whether you have a blog of your own or not.
     For the entire month of November -
~  if your a blog owner - daily post on your own blog something specific that you are thankful for. If you sometimes want to include a picture of the item, your welcome to. It's YOUR "I'm thankful for:" list, do it the way your most comfortable with. You could include it at the top or the bottom of what ever else your posting that day, or you could make it it's own separate posting every day.
~ for those of you whom don't have your own blog: you are highly encouraged to participate anyways!!!!  Daily visit our blog and leave that day's "I'm thankful for:" item as a comment under what we post as being thankful for that particular day. Since you don't have a blog of your own, you can comment under the 'anonymous' category, thou we do ask that you add your name either before or after your "I'm thankful for:".

    Fellow bloggers - both in the spirit of encouraging one another to do this, as well as the usual always wanting others to visit our sites, we will be "publishing" a listing of all of you whom decide to rise to our challenge. Just leave your name and a link to your site in the comment section of this particular posting. We will then come back and edit this posting and add your names and sites at the bottom of this posting. (Hopefully that makes sense.)  For the course of the month of November, we will also feature a special link to this posting on our side bar, so that others can easily access the whole list. 

   Now, about the * near the beginning of this posting - keeping in mind that humor reigns in this household, our eldest son's high school Sr. quote was - "I don't care if the glass is half empty or half full, all I know is I ordered a cheeseburger!!" ;-p 
   I know it's not yet November, but I am V-E-R-Y thankful for humor!!!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge  Participants:

DeAnna from Coffee On The Table

Cate from Call Me Cate

'my' Kate, via her Facebook page

Martha (MM) from Meandering - Martha

Katy Lin  from The Great Adventure 

6 comments:

  1. I am going to join your challenge! I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really bad month for me but I'm going to try to give it a shot! Will post later today @ http://meandering-martha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in - I was looking for a way to do NaBloPoMo (30 straight days of posting) and having a daily gratitude post would be great for me right now.

    http://www.showmyface.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay -its' up! I really enjoyed the reflection time this morning! Thank you!

    http://coffeeonthetable.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-im-thankful-for-challenge-day-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite! I'm involved with the 30-day giving challenge team for November, so won't be able to add to my schedule, but this is a fantastic idea. :)

    Amy
    The Finer Things in Life
    Embracing the Extraordinary in Every Day
    on Twitter: @AmysFinerThings
    on Facebook: The Finer Things in Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Cheryl,
    Thanks so much for thinking of me for this. I think this is a great idea…but don't have the bandwidth to join in at the moment, unfortunately!
    Thanks for speeding the power of gratitude. It's definitely something I believe in.
    Best,
    Aby

    Aby Garvey
    Creative Organizing Expert. Author. Workshop Instructor.

    simplify 101, inc. 800.616.8117 / 618.692.8117
    Visit www.simplify101.com to sign up for my monthly
    organizing and time management newsletter!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]