We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Monday, October 25, 2010

I was trying to be helpful ...

      In the past, I have shared tales with you about how sometimes Brain and I can be communicating and yet not - all at the same time.
      Today, I am going to tell you about a situation where I 'thought' I was being helpful, yet was I? And this time, the occurrence had to do with our oldest son, Byron.
      Yes, I am out-of-state at our son, daughter-in-loves and (adorable) grand daughter's home again. ( :-D !!)
      The other day Byron was sleeping during the day, due to having worked the overnight shift the night before. Cyndi was at work. And this grandma was 'sacrificing' and tending to Analyse [pronounced Auna-lease] ( o;-p ).
       'The kids' had asked for my assistance is sorting through Analyse's clothes. So we were in her room starting that there process. We were of course talking to one another. Sometimes, due to her pulling clothes I had just folded and stacked, back off the surface I was doing such on. Such an imp! Goodness. :-p But other times, it was due to her showing me this or that toy, etc..  My clue to when I hadn't responded quickly enough (in her way of thinking at least), was when she would state "GA-A-A...MA!" ;-b!
       A-n-y-ways, we had been in there for a short while, when it dawned on me that we might be disturbing Byron's sleep due to the baby monitor being on. So I went over and turned the part in her room off. From my perspective - definitely being helpful!!! ;-)
        That evening I learned, that when you turn the baby monitor off in Analyse's room, it makes the system start putting forth a static type sound in the base end, which is in Byron and Cyndi's room. You know - static, like you sometimes get on the radio when trying to tune in stations. Or the sound you hear on a cell phone, when the person on the other end is also messing with a bag of chips. Yeah - static!
       Byron said he had woke up due to his brain not being able to adequately register what it was hearing.
        And then, once he figured out what the sound was, he couldn't find "the darn thing!".
       Also in attempting to be helpful, I had tightly closed their bedroom door so Analyse wouldn't wander in there. What I hadn't done, was to first verify where both of their cats were, thus making sure I hadn't locked either of them in there. Yup, you guessed it. One of the cats was not only in there, but had knocked the base of the baby monitor off behind the night stand. And as if that wasn't bad enough, it had also knocked other stuff off on top of it, so that Byron hadn't spotted the monitor base when he looked back there. The big question became, how did the cat knock the monitor off so that the speaker was about a half inch from the wall, and thus the sound was bouncing off of the wall, and yet the other stuff it had knocked off only landed on top of the monitor base, not between it and the wall?!?!!! Gee-sh!!!
      So all in all, two of the things which I had done, thinking that I was being helpful... well... really glad that Byron KNEW that was what my intentions had been!!! (insert rolling eyes here)
       
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
  Seeings how both my home state and the state that they live in, have both had nights recently, where the weather stations have issued "Severe Frost Warning", I figure it's time to again remind you of the 'details' lists for prepping both your home and your car for winter.

    "Preparing For Winter"

    "Winterizing Your Car"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I 'plan' on linking this particular posting up to:
~ "Making Your Home Sing Monday('s)", are hosted by Nan, at 'Mom's the Word (I love to hear)' (http://momstheword--livingforhim.blogspot.com/).
~ "Homemaker Mondays ... Yours, Mine & Ours", are hosted by Jen, at '11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven' (http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/).
~ "Market Yourself Monday", are hosted by Sumo, at 'Sumo's Sweet Stuff' (http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/)

~ "Whatever Goes Wednesday('s), hosted by Michelle, at 'Someday Crafts'
(http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/)

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! That is soooo funny, because we've all done something similar to that in our efforts to be thoughtful or helpful, I imagine.

    My mom lives with us and many times she tries to "help," but her helping usually leads to more work for me, hehehe!

    Of course, that's because I have a "method to my madness" that she doesn't know, and so when she tries to help I have to undo whatever she did.

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, why the half-full bottle of water? I assume they don't want it completely full in case it freezes, because things expand when they freeze.

    However, how could you keep a half-full bottle of water sterile and o.k. to drink (unless you took it with you every day?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your suppose to keep some of those supplies in your car all winter long, in case you end up being stranded someplace for an extended period of time. Yes, emptying some of the contents would be so that the bottle doesn't burst when it freezes. Also, a half full bottle will be easier to thaw and drink in an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the helpful tip I have teenage drivers and think that i will share this with them

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]