We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

more patterns

      Inspired by just how thrilled I was with how the quilt that I had made for Analyse had turned out, one night last week I sat down with the quilting books I had accumulated and page by page went back through them. Each one (pattern) I re-evaluated. If I didn't really like the overall quilt, was there one segment of it I did like and could tweak into a quilt of blocks out of? While there are lots of patterns with cutsie, totally kid type patterns out there, I have decided that I'd rather not do that type. They get out grown oh so quickly. Just personal preference. But hey, I am the one planning on making them. o;-p
     As I went along, if I found something that I got inspired with, I not only book marked the page, but I wrote myself notes as well. Using one of the cute note pads that I had won as the door prize gift, at my families baby shower for Analyse, I wrote down 'details' about how I wanted to tweak that particular pattern, etc.. Then, using the blue tape like you use when painting a room or car trim, I attached my notes to the appropriate page in the book (hoping that the tape would be easy to remove later).
     After going through all of the books, I had a grand total of seven (7) more patterns/quilts I want to try making. Five (5) of those would easily adapt to being either a boy or a girls quilt. So technically, that meant that I had twelve (12) more I'd like to make. And then there is this one other pattern I'm still mulling over ...
     Seeings how I had said that I only planned on making quilts for my own grandchildren, our "boys" questioned just how many grand children I thought they were going to produce for me. Smirk, smirk.
     I told them that I really didn't have a clue. I just wanted to make them while my brain was still capable (;-p). I want to make them and tuck them away. If I end up making more than the number of grand children we are blessed with, then they can be saved for great grand children. It really didn't matter to me.
     I haven't made my mind up yet as to whether I will post about them after I make them, or wait till they are given to post about them. Yes, that easily could be six (6) to eight (8) years from now just for grand children. But hey, I have already been blogging for five years, so .... On the other hand ... it was fun to show it to every one ... I don't know.
     In the mean time, I need to go to mission type stores and gather up more clothing to use for quilts. So-o, Kate, or Robin P., or Elizabeth B., or any other of my local friends whom feel brave and willing to take me on such a venture ..... give me a call to set it up!!!
    True, some days I'm doing better than I am on other days. But part of my 'at home' continued physical therapy, is slowly venturing forth and attempting different things. True, sometimes I wobble walk like I'm "drunk in pub-lick" [like your sure the comedian Ron White (from the 'Blue Collar Comedy Team') must do]. But honest, mine is caused by the vertigo, not due to drinking alcohol or liquor. o;-p Oh, and believe me, I WILL tell you when I've had enough and need to brave the ride home to my bed (rides and me - ewww).
    And now for a tempting reminder ... o;-p ... on the last Tuesday of every month, you get fifty (50) percent (%) off of everything you buy at Valueland .... o:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]