We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

since you've asked -

     Some of you have inquired how I am doing. Are my challenges with the vertigo still lessening? Etc. This then is to update you about 'me'.
     I had been progressing right along. I was down to usually only feeling mildly dizzy, only occasionally losing my balance upon standing and needing to do a two step or swagger, etc.. All in all, I had great hope that it really might soon pass. Hey, I was even doing good enough over all, that Brian allowed me to drive him home after his eye exam last Thursday afternoon. (for those of you that don't know, many years ago Brian had a major type of eye surgery, that didn't seem to want to heal right. And then a different type of eye injury, which worsened the original condition and resulted in a different type of eye surgery.... so yes, just a routine eye exam can really be something for him!).
     But then last Saturday things went back words.
     That day I had sorted through several piles of 'papers'. (Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about!) I ended with three stacks - one for the recycle bag, one to put through the shredder, and one that needed recorded and/or filed. (record the amount of the bill in the bill book before filing it, or just plain file future tax info., etc.). Lots of moving my head, focusing my eyes, stuff right up the alley of what my physical therapist would dream up for me 8-/ / ;-p.
     I had also caught up the checkbook (record all of the debit transactions from the receipts, out of the envelope hanging on the fridge to collect them) and balanced the checkbook. That process requires a lot of turning back and forth, looking from the screen to the checkbook, focusing in on small print ...
     And then I paid a bunch of bills, which also involves turning and focusing and ... yeah.
     Every time I do it, I do it knowing full well that it is going to affect me to some degree. But yow-sah, it REALLY affected me that day!!!

     But Sat. was also one of those days were lots of storms were rolling through. And with the storms, come barometric pressure. And barometric pressure puts pressure on your ears. And my ears are already having problems with pressure, and giving off wrong signals to my brain. And ...
     So most likely, it was the combination of the storms and the activities that took quite a toll on me. I went back to feeling considerably dizzy and even like I'm s-l-o-w-e-l-y spinning ... ( :-[ ) And my nausea level is again high (often feeling like I just might need that bucket again ...). And today the migraine is back (on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the horrors end - right now it's about a 4 1/2).

     But I do have great hope that it will again start getting better, it did already, so it will again!!! And hopefully this coming time, it will all finish passing!!!

     The Lord has been very merciful and showed me little blessings.
     The other evening, as I was walking through the living room headed upstairs to just lay down, Brian reached out and grabbed my hand. With great concern both in his eyes and his voice he asked, "Are you okay?" "Yeah, just dizzy as heck". He gave my hand a squeeze. Nice!!!!
     I found that right after dusk, the tree right out side our bedroom window and our neighbors back yard, are full of lightning bugs. :-> They are just so-o cool! I watched until watching them was making me dizzier .... then it took concentrated effort, but I stopped watching them. o;-p
    While sitting at the computer slowly working on postings, I have observed the humorous chipmunk that lives in the crack of our neighbors house. He runs all over the cement steps in front of their no longer used side door. And he likes to chat at me through the window. So cute!
    And the cotton tail bunny (which Boo nearly got when I let him out this morning :-[ - I know, that's nature ....) likes to have himself quite the salad from the plants growing through the cracks around those same cement steps. The way he was eating, he must have been mightily hungry the other afternoon!!! ;-p
     And Boo and I have gone out on the front porch (I attach Boo's leash to the porch railing) and observed that we need to get some Bee spray, a whole lot of activity in and out next to one porch column!!! Trying to teach Boo that everybody whom passes by, does not need to be frightened half to death by his most ferocious bark! Silly dog!
     And once the sun gets down to a certain level, we go in the back yard. I sit in a chair and enjoy the wonderful breezes, while he sniffs out any and everything, and disappears in the 'we need to trim all of that' over growth, along the one side of our back yard. Then I'll see the foliage move in certain ways and know where he's at again. ;-p

     So yeah, right now I am not 'feeling' all that great. I definitely know that I'm battling vertigo!!! But I am looking forward to again getting to the point where I can sew on my next project for a little bit, then rest my eyes, then sew some more .... (Christmas stockings for both Cyndi and Analyse are on the list, and new cushion covers for one of the settees on our front porch, a-n-d ... (hey, Brian bought me a new machine. I best be showing him how much I like it! o;-p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]