We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Show-n-Tell :-)

      The teachers always said that you couldn't bring more than two items to show-n-tell. That is exactly how many things I have today. o;-p

     # 1 - All of you knew (some of you were even nice enough to go ahead and say that you were looking forward to (:->) ) I would be sharing pictures from our grand daughter's first B-day party. We shared a couple in the posting about her B-day cake, as well as a couple in the posting about the quilt I made for her. Here are a couple more ...
     This is a good one for showing you the dress that 'aunt' (;->) Kate and I had picked up. For the record, no, we did not find it at the mission type store. Nor was it even on sale, let alone on clearance. We broke all of our usual requirements and paid full marked price for it. Why?   Did you look at it?!!!!    Isn't it adorable?!?!!    And ever so cute on her (she just glows in soft pink). And with it's one candled cupcake .... It would just have been wrong to not buy it! o;-) That's our story and we're sticking to it!!!
     And the sandals came from my across the street neighbor. Their daughter is about eight months older than Analyse (pronounced Auna-lease). I had complimented her little pink crocs (complete with heart shaped holes). Later they had brought me over a smaller sized pair of them, as well as the pair of sandals Analyse is wearing in the picture. They wouldn't take cash for them, so I took them cupcakes. They declared that they got the better end of our deal. ;-p

{turns out grandpa's bottle of anti acids makes a great rattle!}
{yes, there is pink netting like material over the skirt part of the dress!}

     And here is one of her with her Grandpa B.. Trust me, this grandma is not the only one totally infatuated with our grand daughter!! chuckle, chuckle.

 
     And via this one, you can see how she has eyes just like her Grandpa B. :-) Sometimes they are blue, other times green. Often mischievous .... (snicker, snicker .. ) [good thing grandma B. isn't huh?!!! o:-p]

    Now, if you'd like to see even more pictures (which we know you do ;-p), visit Byron and Cyndi's blog and follow their link to the pictures.


# 2 - Brandon came in this past Saturday, saying that I needed to go look out back. o-k-a-y... . As I started into the kitchen, he said, "out the back door" ... ? ...
      "OH MY GOSH!!!" I was ever so excited!!!!
     A while back, I had heard that I was being given one. Turned out there was some mis-communication about it. I was disappointed, yet fully understood. Aw well .... but this one was sitting in my back yard. It really was mine to keep, right?
     I called my sister-in-law to verify. She answered "yes" :-) :-D Woohoo!!!
    They had come from my nephews work. No, he hadn't put the first one in their shed to add to their scrap metal pile. He planned on using it in his own garage. She hadn't wanted it to be scrapped - especially since she just knew I would use such a thing.
     But then he was able to get a different one that would work better for him. {and no, sorry, he won't be able to get any more :-(  }

    What am I talking about? Gee-sh.... (smirk)

     A rolling metal kitchen rack. :-} This one is smaller in size than the ones at the caterers and camp, but it will still work ever so good for me!!! Doing multiplied batch baking? Rack them up! Cooking pancakes for one hundred at some event? Tarp it up tightly, add a tray of sternos, and you have a 'make do' warming oven. And the uses go on...
    A big THANK-YOU to my brother "B" and sister-in-law "K" !!! THANK-YOU to my nephew / their son, "J" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are just so thrilled!!!

    about the picture ... I took several different shots trying to get a good one to post. EVERY single time, just as I was sure I had it focused in good, Boo would wander into the picture. chuckle, chuckle. I decided 'oh well'. chuckle, chuckle...

    That wraps up today's show and tell. Thanks for watching ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]