We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Timing can be humerous!

     In her posting this past Monday, 'Mexico Jen' mentioned how her dad always use to make all of these wonderfully wise comments. She also talked a little about how her dad resembled Santa Clause. I really had to chuckle. For a couple of different reasons.
    First off, due to how my husbands nick name is 'Santa', and he too has often resembled the jolly old guy. In-fact, upon numerous occasions while catering during Christmas seasons, he had many a young child convinced he WAS Santa, and he hadn't even said a thing directly to them. He use to come home chuckling over the stories.
    Secondly had to do with how my Brian also has all of these wonderfully wise (as well as his wonderfully sarcastic yet humorous) comments he's often spouting.
    And thirdly I chuckled over the timing of her comment. She had posted her posting on Monday. I have a Facebook page, but I am only an occasional visitor to it. However I had gone there Sunday. There were a couple of different friends whom I wanted to check their Facebook home pages and see what was going on in their lives. One of them had commented on something my husband had posted on his Facebook page, so just because, I went to check his page. What I discovered is that he has been posting lots of his comments/lines on Facebook as his 'status updates'. It had got me to thinking that I should start posting one of them on our blog every week. 'Mexico Jen' had said she's going to start incorporating a lot of her dad's comments into her postings. Like I said, I found the timing of it all quite comical!!!
    (Yes, I get the difference in the fact that she was talking about her dad and I'm talking about my husband, but they are both important men in Jen and my life's!)
  
    About half way down the first page of Brian's Facebook home page, he had posted a picture next to a quote.



 "Who says you can't fall in love with a younger woman and live to tell the story."



 Four different friends had clicked that they liked it. I left this comment, "and who am I to have a problem with it, when she is my little sweetheart?!!!"
    When Benson, whom had taken the picture, had posted it in one of his photo albums on Facebook, I had left the comment, "Obviously grandma is not the only one whom is head over heels for this grand daughter ;-} What an absolutely heart warming picture!!! Thanks Benson!"

~ Cheryl B.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are crazy coincidences! Thank you, as always, for linking up to me on your blogs....and your husband DOES kind of look like Santa Claus, but cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, directly after I snapped that shot of the 18-year-old, who was driving, he didn't take his eyes off the road, but said, "What do you think you're doing?" He's always so tolerant of my blogging!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]