We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

a "Me" movie -

      ALL of our kids had told me that I "just HAD to see the movie, 'The Blind Side' , it's a 'you' movie mom!" I had seen previews for it and thought it looked good. And then there is the fact that it stared Sandra Bullock, whom is one of my favorite actresses. So I was all for the idea of watching the movie. I kept track of when it was going to be available via U-Verse and 'thought' we had all agreed we were going to watch it together that weekend. Yeah. Found out that what all I 'thought' had been said, wasn't exactly the same as what others 'thought' had been said. A-typical family communication, huh? (insert eyes rolling here).
    But a week ago Saturday night, the five of us currently living in the house, did order pizza and sit down to watch the movie together. :-} I like it when we do things like that!
    After we had chosen the movie and it was about to start, "the boys" again made comments about it being a "you movie mom". I responded with something about how yes, I was sure I would like it. They then made what they meant by a "you movie" clearer. Yes, they were sure it was a movie that I would really like / enjoy. But, they also felt that it was a movie about somebody "just like" me. All of them thought that the lady whom Sandra Bullock was portraying, was a w-h-o-l-e lot like me. Oh.
    I had not only already seen the previews, but one day when Brian had been flipping channels, he had come across Sandra and the movie being highlighted on the show 'The View'. Now for the record, for our own reasons, that is not a show we would usually stop for. But hell-o, there stood Sandra, so Brain at first just hesitated in his channel surfing. Then when he realized what all was being highlighted, he had called out, "Umm Cheryl, I think you'll want to see this."
    He had been right. And the bonus was that not only was Sandra on there, but also members of the real family the movie was about :->. Very neat!!! (I tried to find a link to that episode for you .... maybe I wasn't looking in the right place? Sorry.)
    So I had seen the previews as well as seen a short interview of the real lady, and here "my boys" were saying that was "me". WOW!!! And by the end of the movie, it had changed from "WOW!!!" to "What a compliment!!!" Yup, your right, I'm sitting here misty eyed just thinking about it!
    Speaking of misty eyed, "the boys" had warned me that I would probably cry at spots in the movie. I didn't realize that they had meant it would start shortly after the movie had even started! Found out, they hadn't. "Your crying already?!?!!!" What could I say? But I also laughed uproariously at spots!!! Oh my goodness did I!
    As the story in the movie was progressing, "the boys" inserted that they also thought a lot of the dad's lines were just like Brian's, and that a whole lot of the interaction between Sandra and her husband in the movie, were just like interactions they've seen between Brian and I. As certain scenes were showing, they pointed out what they meant. ;-p
    They were right that I would like the movie. Most definitely!!!!
    And I am honored that they think of me as being like the lady Sandra was portraying. Most definitely!!!!
    I am even okay with them thinking that the couple interacted a lot like Brian and I do.

2 comments:

  1. came via email:
    "Hello, we saw “Blind Side” at the show in Lowell and loved it, Joan decided to get it as a Christmas present for her kids when it came out on DVD. So for Christmas, she told them what their present was and when they would get it. So when it came out in March, to the store we went at got 4 of them. They all loved it too. Sorry it took you so long to see it. Love you, Dad"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this movie so much but there's just no time right now. But the next rainy day, I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]