We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dinner Out :-)

      Last Friday night we went out to dinner with Brent and Kayla. While trying to decide where to go, Brent had stated that he was in the mood for Italian. However we know that Kayla is not that fond of Italian. She was insistent that it wasn't that she hates it or anything, it's just not her fave. She is however a big fan of chicken, and most Italian places do have a couple of different chicken dishes on their menu's.
    I don't remember when it was, but awhile back Brian and I had spotted a new Italian place more on the east end of 28th street. It's west of Patterson, east of Sam's Club and Gander Mountain, tucked back in behind a Steak N' Shake and Chili's restaurants. I could not remember the name of it, but I did remember that it was on our "we should try there sometime" list. So I did not tell them where we were going, or even describe what it was, just gave driving directions. Mr. Curiosity Brent tried ever so hard to guess, but to no avail. :-}
    The name of the place is "Papa Vino's (Italian Kitchen)". It is part of a chain, but so far it's still a rather small chain. The one we were at, is the only one on the west side of the state (MI). There are several on the east side of the state, and one in Indiana so far. If you click on the name of the place, it will take you to their web site so you can find the locations for yourself.
    All four of us gave the place definite thumbs up ratings!!! Definitly a "we wanna go back there again!" place.
    They have both booths and tables. We asked for a booth since they had padded seats and the chairs at the tables don't. My tail bone does not get along well with hard wooden chairs. I know, I'm a wuss.
    The cooking area is divided from the eating area by two half walls which have an employees walk way between them. Therefore, depending on where you are seating, you can watch the chefs cook. I sat with my back to them. A lot of movement can still be a bad vertigo trigger for me. The others however, really enjoyed watching everything.
    What we ordered was not all that cheap. On the other hand, it was not outrageous either. They are currently running a special, with 10 lunch choices featured for under $6 each and 10 dinner selections for under $10 each. But of course, we all found things elsewhere on the menu that we wanted to try. o;-p
    I decided to be brave and try something different, rather than choosing something I was far surer of liking. I chose the "Chicken Scallopini" which was priced at $12.79. The menu's description of it read, "Lemon Butter Sauce over Chicken Medallion Sauteed with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Roma Tomatoes; Served with Angel Hair Pasta." {No, I did not memorize nor copy it. We brought a 'Take Out Menu' home with us ;-})
     Once it was set in front of me, I just knew I was going to like it. The aroma was so good that it was almost scandalous. The Angel Hair Pasta was so extremely fine, that it was cute! (Yes, I am fully aware that after reading that, the guys are questioning it with their eyebrows raised, and the girls are all grinning!). And the moment after the flavors hit my taste buds, well, it was a wondrous experience!!! I HIGHLY recommend it, as do all three others. I had shared a bite with all three of them and they all plan on ordering it for themselves sometime!
    Looking over the menu, Brian was sure that we could go back thirty times, and each time he would be able to order something different off of the menu and probably like each and every one of them!

    For those of you whom are reading this and live out of state, I do apologize. All I can say is that I had to share the information with those whom might be able to dine at one of the locations. It would be a shame for this small chain to go under due to lack of exposure!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, now you've got me hungry! Did you NOT read my blog post this morning about this very subject, lol! I know you did...you are just testing me.

    To funny about your kids comment, lol!

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog while browsing.Your entree sounds delicious! I don't think there are any Papa Vino's in Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. came via email from Craig - "Staci and I have been there a few times to use a coupon. I would not recommend the chicken Parmesan. The last time I did they had cooked the chicken very well done in the deep fryer. It was hard, crunchy and disappointing to say the least. Other menu selections have been fine."

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]