We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

So that's what it's called ...

    I freely admit that I knew I had it. I've known I've had it for many years now (just how many 'many' is, doesn't really matter!). The question has never actually been whether or not I have it. Nor has the question been whether or not I will admit to having it. The question always seems to be related to how much of it I have.
    See, overall, I know I have it and admit to that, it's just that I think I only have a rather small inconsequential smidgen of it. Others however, seem to have differing views on the issue of the amount. These differing views of the whole situation have plagued me my whole life. While I think that I only have a rather small inconsequential smidgen of it, there have been others in my life whom have been convinced that I have a whole boat load of it. Seriously folks, how could our two views of the same issue in my life be that far off one from another?!! Did you catch the words 'in my life'? Seeings how that's where it is, wouldn't you think I'd have a better grip on just how much of it I have, versus others whom aren't actually me?!!! Come on now!!!
    (So, what is this "it" I'm talking about? I'm getting to it! Hold on.)
    Last Monday, ever so innocently, I visited my blogging friend Nan's blog. Use to be I always enjoyed visiting her. Then it got to where sometimes I felt she was drifting just a bit. Then this past Monday, she went and waded in waist deep. 8-/ This is part of what I wrote in her comment box:
    "I am sorry Nan, but I am going to have to call you out on this one. Me thinks that you have been taking lessons from your husband, the pastor.
    What do I mean? Way too often Pastor's switch from 'preaching' to 'meddling'. Here lately, you seem to have been doing the same. I let it ride for awhile, after all, we are friends, and I thought it might just be a temporary thing. But instead of easing out of allowing your preacher husbands style to influence your posting style, you seem to have finished jumping in with both feet.
    But then you didn't even stop with just getting in with both feet. Oh no-o, you had to wade in waist deep, and today's posting is evidence of that fact. " (To see what else I wrote her, go HERE)
    So, what is "it"? "It" is IGAD. I knew I had 'it'. To be honest, I had figured somebody out there had put a title to it or label on it, just had no idea what that title or label was. Now I know. PLEASE go visit that posting of Nan's and read it for yourself! After all, there is a very good chance that you have some degree of 'it' to. Click Here to get There.

    For the record, I had also included this later on in my comment: "I hope that you realize all of the above was intended to be tongue in cheek teasing you!!! HONEST!!! " Via email she had replied back, "I knew your comments were just in jest the other day and I was laughing all the way through." ;-p

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you passed it on to your children? I am pretty sure I have passed this lovely disease onto at least one of mine....probably both, lol!

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind a little meddling once in a while. But did I ever tell you about this neighbor I have..... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]