We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I was so-o-o confused .....

    Benson called me yesterday evening. Brian and him (is that proper English?) had been at church doing the janitorial work. Benson asked, "Dad wants to know what it is you needed to have from Meijer's."
    "Tell him that I don't HAVE to have it tonight."
    "What was it?!"
    "Flour, brown sugar, 3 jars of Carmel sauce and three things of butter."
    Then it was like the phone lost connection. 'Oh well', I thought, 'if he didn't get it, they'll call back'.

     Boo told me they were home a bit later, while I was talking to Cyndi.

     Benson came in asking where my glass was. Then he came back, handed me a small  bag from Wendy's and my glass filled with Pepsi. :-)
     He left and came back yet again, this time with his own bag of food and glass of Pepsi. He opened his and started eating some kind of a warp thing, which I knew was hot due to it being wrapped in foil.
     But Brian didn't come into the room. Hummm ....
    "Where's your father?"
    "In the kitchen"
     silence ....
    "Is he coming in here?"
    "when he's done"
     silence ....
     "What's he doing?"
     "Heating up a chicken patty"
     Loudly I call out, "Brian, You didn't have to get me Wendy's! I would have eaten a chicken patty too"
     I hear, "I know, I just thought you would like that instead"
     "Thanks..."
     Benson states, "He's fixing one with swiss cheese and ____ onions." (I didn't catch the word in the blank)

    I figure he is fixing himself a couple of the breaded chicken patties that we have a bag of in the freezer, and being creative in the process.

     A bit later I question Brian something about his chicken patties, and again state that I would have eaten ours too.
    He replies, "I didn't eat ours"
    "Oh, so they are a new feature at Wendy's?"
    With a puzzled expression he answers, "No-o-o..."
    "Benson, what were you eating?"
     "A really good burrito"
     Looking back at Brian, "You got your chicken things where you got his burrito?"
     "No-o-o-o..."
     Benson says, "he got them at Sam's Club"
    "You went to Sam's Club and Meijer's?"
    "No, we just went to Sam's Club"
    "But you said..."
    from Brian, "No, we asked what it was you needed from Meijer's"
    "Oh, then you didn't get the carmel topping?"
    "No, but I can pick that up tomorrow"
     "you might as well just wait then and get it at GFS (Gordon Food Service). And then go ahead and get me the 25 pound bag of flour, and the box of sugar, and lots of bags of brown sugar, and the big can of carmel sauce."
     They both snicker.
     Brian says "I was thinking on going to GFS tomarrow anyways..."
     Benson does this guilty snicker ...
     Brian continues, "ever since they were carrying around their video game in the Botsco(?) (cheese filled bread sticks with a Parmesan coating) box, and then talking about wanting them again, that got me to wanting them too..."
    "GFS doesn't open till noon on Sunday's"

    "Why did you get chicken patties from Sam's Club, if we already had some?"
    "Because these were a special kind, with swiss chesse and caramelized onions in the middle"


   I strive so hard to keep up, but sometimes it really is a struggle. And I have been told that part of my increased bewilderment can be due to the vertigo ... .  But I think that vertigo is not the only factor. Nor is my age.... .  o;-p

1 comment:

  1. from Cheryl's dad - "(at the bottom of the page---) you could be right---"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]