We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Who would have thought? o;-p

       I had to go back to my internal medicine doctor for another appointment today. Seeings how "my care" has just been transferred to her from my O.B. Gyn., there are a LOT of things for her to go over about me. Poor lady. (Yes, I'll still go to the O.B. Gyn. for "female" issues").
      Like I've mentioned before, I've gained quite a bit of weight this year. I know that in great part, it's due to my low activity levels due to having vertigo for m-o-n-t-h-s now. So, I wasn't looking forward to stepping on those scales.
     And then, well, see, as I've also mentioned, I baked pies for Thanksgiving. I was baking pies to take to the family gathering. But while I was at it, I also baked some pies which we kept to home. I made five different kinds of pies to take. And of those five types, I made four duplicate ones to keep ta home. One of them being a pecan pie.  The thing is, I'm the only member of this household that likes pecan pie. And trust me, I have a VERY STRONG liking for it!!!
     I knew that I really shouldn't eat the whole thing myself, so I did take it with us when we went to some friends home one evening. And they did eat some of it and called it wonderful. But all in all, I did eat over half of the pecan pie myself. Doesn't that just sound horrible?!?!!!
     A much better sounding way to say that is, that over the course of seven days, I ate five pieces of pie. True, still not necessarily "good". But definitely better sounding! ;-p
     I was quite sure that the pie combined with the continued low activity levels would not look good on those scales! Doctors offices are known for having such mean scales anyways.
     So, I was ever so surprised, and thrilled(!) when they showed that I've lost three pounds!!!  Who would have thought that eating pecan pie would help me drop poundage?  o;-p
    My doctor got quite a chuckle out of my tale! While she does not recommend that as a continued weight loss program, she also highly does not recommend that I go on any weight loss program. "Just be very aware of what you are eating, how much of it, and when".
    Oh, and should I ever again have "extra" pecan pie, it IS one of her favorites... o;-p

1 comment:

  1. I have a very strong taste for it! I knew I should not eat it all myself

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]