We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

our first 'real' phone conversation ;-)

     Byron called me yesterday afternoon. We needed to both go on line at the same time, to a certain site and check some things out. (Whew, I think that was vague enough o;-p)
     After talking to him for a couple of minutes, I heard Analyse's voice and of course wanted to say hi to her. Byron put his phone on speaker phone so that I could. :-)
     I said "Hi Analyse!" Byron said that she first pointed to herself, he stated "Yup, your Analyse", and then she grinned real big while waving madly at the phone. I kept saying "Hi Analyse" and "Hi Sweetheart". Byron started encouraging her to actually say hi to me. Suddenly she did. :-D. I chuckled in excitement, she took off with our 'I laugh you laugh' game. Cute! Byron said something about 'are you having fun talking to grandma?'. I had then inserted how grandma loves her Analyse.
     Suddenly, much clearer, I could hear her voice saying "gaa..ma!" In the background I heard Byron's voice telling me that if we got disconnected, he'd call me back. That Analyse had picked the phone up and was talking to me in it, while also randomly pushing buttons. ;-p
    She kept saying the "Gaa..ma!!" along with other words I could not translate. I heard Byron ask her if she was having fun talking to grandma and then laughing due to how excitedly she had shook her head yes. :->
    I asked if she had taken a nap, and got some sort of an answer.
    She told me where her "Mum!" was.
    And she frequently would just exclaim "Gaa..ma!!"  Oh how it thrilled my heart!! ;->
    But the purpose of the call had been to check out something on line with Byron. He emailed me the link, I got to the site, and we were looking. So sometimes I was paying attention to that. I could tell I had begun paying more attention to that then to my conversation with her, because suddenly, in a very questioning voice, she'd call out "Gaa...ma?!?!!". chuckle, chuckle, "I'm still here sweetheart."
     We talked for a good five minutes before she wandered off to check on what "Mum!" and their visiting friend were doing.
      But what fun!!! She totally remembered my voice, and actually talked to me this time, instead of the usual only waving towards the phone. :-D!!
     Byron did question if we had started something we ought-en have. ;-p

1 comment:

  1. came from Lois via email: "NO, NO, NO!!
    When your grandchild(ren) are out of town one of the best ways to keep you "real" to them is to talk to them on the phone. My own daughters loved talking to their Grandma and it has been great to talk to my grands. Sometimes for a real conversation and sometimes just smiles and waves.
    Lois"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]