We have had lots of struggles and challenges in our lives, but we've had even more blessings!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nov. 4th - "I'm Thankful for: "

     The fact that my husband is not only my husband, but he is also my friend.
     I am well aware that not every wife can state such. I wish they could! My heart is very heavy for some friends that can't. It has been so heart warming to watch as my prayers in this area have been being answered for one particular friend! Thank-you Lord!!! Now, about those other ones..... o;-p
     Just last night, I experienced an example of how Brian is not only my husband, but also my friend.
     For a variety of different reasons, Brian is currently attending a class on Wed. nights. He usually comes out of it rather wound/stirred up, feeling likes he needs to move and do something, not relax and start unwinding for bed.
     Seeings how we needed to do some grocery shopping, he took the list with him last night and was going to take care of that errand after his class.
     Due to the tasks I had tackled yesterday, I was feeling the vertigo effects and had headed to bed early. Wasn't really sleeping, just laying there hoping the loose stones in my head would settle down. (okay, I'll pause here and let you get your comments out o;-p). I was ever so glad that the Lord had my eyes open to see the phone light up (the ringer part is turned off in our room).
      The call was from Brian. He had talked to some friends and the class teachers for awhile after class, then headed to Meijer's, where he was then sitting in the parking lot wanting to talk to me on the phone.
     He told me lots of 'details' (you know how much I love those!!! :-) SERIOUSLY!!) from that nights class. Both his voice tones and the words he chose, made his passion over the subject matter very clear to me.
     We talked for over twenty minutes - just because he wanted to talk to me about all of it. I'm still smiling over it! And rejoicing that my husband still wants to be my friend, after all of these years. What a wonderful blessing that is!!!!!!

The 2010 "I'm Thankful for: " Challenge   - if you don't know what this is, follow the lead on our side bar.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth B. sent via email - "I need a "like" button!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. from 'my' Kate's Face Book page - "Today I am thankful that I live with someone who is willing to put ointment on the sore spots on my back. :) I love my mommy!"

    ReplyDelete

To those of you leaving us positive comments - THANK-YOU!!! We really do enjoy them!!!

A change has been made in how your comments are processed. They are now sent directly to the blog owners. If your comment made them smile, it will *eventually appear on the blog. [* depends on when we're on line next]